PDA

View Full Version : Saint Celestine NEEDS YOU!!!!

Shinigami
09-08-2011, 12:50
hello all!

i hope this isnt too off-topic,

but a friend of mine entered her AMAZING Saint Celestine cosplay in this online competition and now she needs your votes to bring her to the top!

just click the FB like on this page and hopefully bring the awesomeness of 40K to more pple around the world!

http://www.toyrebels.com/pages/Joanna-Lye.html

thank you all!

Shinigami

Frupey
09-08-2011, 12:53
What a great costume!! It must've taken a long time to design and build it.

TimLeeson
09-08-2011, 13:04
Wow, that's a really amazing costume. Got my vote :)

eldargal
09-08-2011, 13:06
Hm, equal best SoB costume I've ever seen, well done.

Lord Commissar Aquila
09-08-2011, 13:10
Celestine doesn't need our help, after she supposedly destroyed a Baneblade with one swipe of her blade ;)

But just joking, yes congrats for your friend! A great outfit, must have taken a while to make.

Grimtuff
09-08-2011, 13:12
I'm sorry, I like "ill fitting Batman costume guy (http://www.toyrebels.com/pages/Brian-Goh.html)" better. :p

Okuto
09-08-2011, 13:36
you got a vote here!

Chem-Dog
09-08-2011, 13:48
There was a time when combining the word "Cosplay" with "40k" (or just about anything else for that matter) would illicit a big :rolleyes: from me.
Now.....well they don't make a smiley for that, not on this forum.....:shifty:

Kulgur
09-08-2011, 14:37
Celestine doesn't need our help, after she supposedly destroyed a Baneblade with one swipe of her blade ;)

Ironicly enough, as of the new rules she can't even go through armour 10 with her blade.

Lord Commissar Aquila
09-08-2011, 15:11
Ironicly enough, as of the new rules she can't even go through armour 10 with her blade.

Thats because we all know that the scene was pure propoganda :p Just like in Dead Sky, Black Sun where Ventris and Pasanius manage to take on 50 Iron Warriors, A Possesed Chaos Marine, and Warsmith Honsou long enough for the mutants to kill everyone but Honsou and his new lieutenant.

nagash66
09-08-2011, 15:11
from the video game "Warhammer 40,000

Made me giggle:D.

Great costume tho.

White_13oy
09-08-2011, 15:27
I'm sorry, I like "ill fitting Batman costume guy (http://www.toyrebels.com/pages/Brian-Goh.html)" better. :p

For some reason the way you described him and then looking at the picture made me laugh hard, not because of how he looked, just the way you worded your sentence. I needed to tell you this.

Darkmaw
09-08-2011, 15:35
The costume is quite detailed unfortunately the black wings don't cut it for me since the original model didnt have it (and white wings would be more appropriate for an angelish figure?)

Its definitely a commendable effort!!

Now to cast vote....oooh whats that?....Mandalorian armor....

Inquisitor Engel
09-08-2011, 15:36
The costume is quite detailed unfortunately the black wings don't cut it for me since the original model didnt have it (and white wings would be more appropriate for an angelish figure?)

To be fair, the original model is pure white metal and has no actual colour. :rolleyes:

Darkmaw
09-08-2011, 15:40
To be fair, the original model is pure white metal and has no actual colour. :rolleyes:

Wow good pickup there!! You sir is a genius!:rolleyes:

TimmiG
09-08-2011, 16:37
LoL.

As a cosplayer, I will say that I like it for the most part.

It looks superb in quality and built. Great detail, Love the wings, even if they are black. Love the Scheme (Order of our Martyred Lady)- though it should thusly be entered as a "Living Saint" not as Celestine, who wears Katherines gold armor.

the only knit pick i have is that she seems to have no curves at all- which could either be her, or the way she built the armor. Either way it looks odd to me, I expect to see an hour glassish figure but its a flat bar.

Still gets my vote though!

xxRavenxx
09-08-2011, 17:02
As a cosplayer

Eww... :shifty:

TimmiG
09-08-2011, 17:07
Eww... :shifty:

Come at me bro. U Mad? XD

Gen.Steiner
09-08-2011, 17:14
I voted. Good costume, nice looking girl, why not?

xxRavenxx
09-08-2011, 18:32
Come at me bro. U Mad? XD

I play with toy soldiers. Some might say I can't judge you...

I'm still going to... :p

Angelwing
09-08-2011, 19:52
Excellent costume, lots of effort gone into making it. Great stuff!

starlight
09-08-2011, 20:12
While not technically in line with the most common imagery from GW, who really cares? :p

She's done a great job, and gets my vote. :) ...which means all the Wastoids will see it on FB... :shifty:

MarcoSkoll
09-08-2011, 23:24
That's an awful lot of feathers (particularly given they look like they're real ones...). Certainly a very well made costume.

As far as the colour scheme, I guess it would be possible she was re-equipped with the black power armour of the Order of Our Martyred Lady between her resurrection (prior to which she was a Repentia, but becoming a Saint probably counts as absolving your sins) and donning the armour of Saint Katherine - which is explicitly golden.
So it could well be Celestine between being on Eurytion and Sanctus Lys.

EDIT: It is much funnier to read Celestine's fluff in the Witch Hunters codex by replacing the word "Doves" with "Pigeons".

Rated_lexxx
09-08-2011, 23:49
I looked at the other ones in that competition and some of them were a joke, some looked to easy, but Saint Celestine looked awe inspiring she should have no trouble winning

Nubl0
09-08-2011, 23:57
Curious, only a few of those ranked her deserve to be imho. It seems like it's had ALOT of effort put into it after all!

jt.glass
10-08-2011, 09:56
I voted!

I had a look at some of the others and they all seemed a bit rubbish! I mean #1 (http://www.toyrebels.com/pages/Taylie-Teo.html) is stunning, but that has nothing to do with the costume... :D

ETA:
...which means all the Wastoids will see it on FB... :shifty:You can remove the post from your profile without unliking. I know, because I just did...

jt.

tu33y
10-08-2011, 11:47
give her a fleur de lys tattoo on her cheek and it probably marry her...

however AMAZING costume and i will vote when i can - nice!

Threeshades
10-08-2011, 12:02
Makes me wanna play SoB. I just wish the actual Celestine would look that good.

LonelyPath
10-08-2011, 12:47
Celestine has my vote!

Malice&Mizery
10-08-2011, 17:14
Makes me wanna play SoB. I just wish the actual Celestine would look that good.

This.

She definitely got my vote.