PDA

View Full Version : 3k skaven WLC spam

Thedreaded13th
09-08-2011, 18:16
Im trying to find a good all around skaven 3k list and this is what i came up with:
Warlord 258
Fellblade, rat ogre bonebreaker, shield
Grey seer 485
Screaming bell, talisman of preservation
Chieftain 133
Bsb, sacred banner of the horned rat, shield
Clanrats 485
x80 Spears, shields, full command, poisoned wind mortar
Clanrats 285
x40 Spears, shields, full command, poisoned wind mortar
Clanrats 285
x40 Spears, shields, full command, poisoned wind mortar
Slaves 40
x20
Slaves 40
x20
Slaves 80
x40
Poisoned wind globadiers 155
x15 with bombadiers
Jezzails 190
x9 with sharpshooter
Jezzails 190
x9 with sharpshooter
Warp lightning cannon 90
Warp lightning cannon 90
Warp lightning cannon 90
Warp lightning cannon 90
Total 3000
Any thoughts?

witchunter180
10-08-2011, 01:06
Haven't played at 3k points, but I'd at least combine the 2 20-rat slave units into one, just for survivability. Those Ld tests sucks, but at least they don't hurt friendly units, at least in the Ld test situation :D

Yrrdead
10-08-2011, 01:17
Not sure why you have a Talisman of preservation on the Seer , he has a 4++ from the bell.

I agree with Witchhunter180, combine those two 20's. Additionally I would grab one more huge unit of slaves. Maybe drop one of those clanrat units and get a 10x10.

I don't like jezzails much and in a list with this many rats your shooting lanes are going to be a pain. Yes you can shoot into the slaves but with a -2 to hit most likely which with BS 3 is bad. So I'd dump them and pick up some gutter runners and a Doomwheel.

ftayl5
10-08-2011, 08:44
I agree about the Jezzails, they really are a pain to aim if there's no hills or accessible buildings and honestly, S6 or not, 9 shots hitting on 4's at best really is not worth 190pts - especially compared to some of the other Skaven toys.

Gutter Runners would also be a good idea.

Thedreaded13th
10-08-2011, 16:43
With some advice, i have revised the list to:
Warlord 168
Warpstone armour, talisman of preservation
Grey seer 510
Screaming bell, skavenbrew, warp energy condenser
Stormvermin 635
x60, full command, shields, poisoned wind mortar
Clanrats 285
x40, full command, poisoned wind mortar
Slaves 80
Slaves 80
x40
Slaves 74
x37
x15, bombadier
x15, bombadier
Doomwheel 150
Hell pit abomination 235
Warp lightning cannon 90
Warp lightning cannon 90
Warp lightning cannon 90
Warp lightning cannon 90
Any better? Feedback would be appreciated!

Yrrdead
10-08-2011, 17:08
Should be good but I would probably trim just a little to bump those slaves up a tad or use the naked engineer trick.

Also some type of offensive banner wouldn't be bad on your stormvermin. Or Standard of Discipline for LD 8 for a mere 7.5 slaves.

Other than that should be fun.

warplock
10-08-2011, 17:13
Personally I'd field the Bombardiers as minimum sized units and attach a Poisoned Wind Mortar to each unit. At least the PWMs can kill something. May not be the enemy, mind, but you knew that anyway - they're Skaven after all! :cheese:

Morax
10-08-2011, 18:03
You would be better served by swaping the warlord for Queek and upgrading a small unit of stormvermin. The additional hitting power is well worth the extra points and the Grey seer would still be the army general. A unit of 40 is usually more then enough to polish most things off when supported by a beast like queek. Most things that would threaten them should be handled quickly by the barage of warp lightning cannons and what ever is left will likely see the Hell pit and/or the Doomwheel as a larger threat.

I'm not sure I'd put the warp energy condenser on the grey seer as plague is most often thought of as the better of the two lores available to him. Just the chance that he doesn't roll warp lightning is enough for me to usually not run the risk of wasting the points. The skavenbrew is kinda a waste on the bell unit as most of them will not see combat most of the time. A cheap chieftain in the vermin would be a better place for that item it you really wanted to include it still. Instead I would suggest skalm for the grey seer as the 4++ save is not fool proof and he can be mangled quickly in combat.

Thedreaded13th
11-08-2011, 16:02
Queek would be the general, he has Ld8

thesheriff
11-08-2011, 23:37
Why arnt all the slaves 39? Just a minor gripe.

The globadiers should be split into MSU. Less points to give away. More targets to shoot.

Also, I prefer doomwheels to HPAs. And as you heading in quite a skyr-y direction, why not?

thesheriff