PDA

View Full Version : 2.4k Teclis List

Necro-Romancer
09-08-2011, 21:22
I have an upcoming game against Vampire counts, and this is the list I have written.
I can access to a couple of sets of IoB (x3 or x4, maybe), as well as a battalion, and some extra spearmen, but nothing else, as I don't have the money :mad:

Teclis - Lore of shadow, hidden in the unit of 18 sea guard, boosting swordmasters with mindrazor, etc

Mage - lore of life, in the swordmasters, keeps them tough
-silver wand
-armour of caledor

18 Sea Guard - hide at the back of the board, harass any vampires that get too close, meatshield for teclis
-shields
-full command

9 Sea Guard - Extra protection to sit in front of the big unit.
-full command

32 Spearmen - Act as a deterrent/magnet for trouble, will be used if/when needed
-full command
-gleaming pendant

16 Archers - Positioned next to sea guard, attack any nearing units
-full command

18 Swordmasters - These are going to go after his Grave Guard, and then whatever is closest
-full command
-potion of speed
-banner of arcane protection

10 Ellyrian Reavers - On the left flank, Flank charging
-Harbinger

10 Ellyrian Reavers - On the right flank, Flank charging
-Harbinger

Tiranoc Chariot - Following the reavers, depending on opponents set up

Repeater Bolt Thrower - Hanging at the back, guarding Teclis

I only started playing last month, so tactics wise, I have a very limited concept of how I should be fighting.

I would like some C & C, but please make it constructive!

Thanks,

Necro-Romancer

Trace07
10-08-2011, 02:48
Might want to double check but I'm pretty sure you can't put magic armor on mages

m1acca1551
10-08-2011, 03:00
Magic armor on mage cant be done. i'd lose the level 2 and replace it with a captain/bsb/ great weapon. Teclis will dominate the magic phase so you can fairly confident of negating what he can throw and forcing through your own hurt.

Mindrazor is good but your SM will outclass GG anyway, flesh to stone is great for really removing any weakness and stripping away any bonuses he has by taking GW.

use your bolt thrower to target a vargulf if he takes one. Due to your lack of unit choice i'd advise to hang back, let him come to you. Don't expect a win VC are a tough nut to crack :)

Necro-Romancer
10-08-2011, 06:59
Okay, thanks for the advice, sorry about the mage, still a beginner.

Necro-Romancer

Col.Beefeater
11-08-2011, 03:03
Sounds like a fairly good list, I'm not entirely sure about that lone unit of 9 sea guard though, seams like 140 points just sitting out there waiting to get chewed up.

Also 20 Reavers is a whole damn lot; I'm not sure if you're running them with any bows, but points wise silverhelms start to get pretty close; I'd see about proxying one of those units of 10 as silver helms and splitting the other into 2 of 5 to keep both flanks covered.

thesheriff
11-08-2011, 13:10
Teclis - Lore of shadow, hidden in the unit of 18 sea guard, boosting swordmasters with mindrazor, etc
He is very good. I would see him with lore of life personally, but its your choice.

Mage - lore of life, in the swordmasters, keeps them tough
-silver wand
-armour of caledor
Well, as it has been mentioned, he is illegal. I woudl drop all the kit o him and give him seerstaff of saphery, and take lore of shadow. Mid razor and miasma are good picks. Alternativly, drop him for a Noble with Armour of caelador, Dawnstone, Great weapon.

18 Sea Guard - hide at the back of the board, harass any vampires that get too close, meatshield for teclis
-shields
-full command

9 Sea Guard - Extra protection to sit in front of the big unit.
-full command
If your working fro 4 IoB's, that is enough for two units of 17 seaguard with shields. A charecter in each, and your good to go. They come out as 221pts each.

32 Spearmen - Act as a deterrent/magnet for trouble, will be used if/when needed
-full command
-gleaming pendant
Dont really need the gleaming pendant. Keep em cheap.

16 Archers - Positioned next to sea guard, attack any nearing units
-full command
You dont really need them. High elves core is pretty mediocre. I woudl drop them for more swordsmasters.

18 Swordmasters - These are going to go after his Grave Guard, and then whatever is closest
-full command
-potion of speed
-banner of arcane protection
Again, you have more swordsmasters. enough for 2 units of 14 even.

2 x 10 Ellyrian Reavers - On the left flank, Flank charging
-Harbinger
Split them down into 5's

Tiranoc Chariot - Following the reavers, depending on opponents set up
A chariot following fast cav sounds a bit wierd. Keep it on the opposite flank to the reavers.

Repeater Bolt Thrower - Hanging at the back, guarding Teclis
Good. I like em.

What i would do

Lords
*Teclis w. Lore of Life = 475

Heroes]
*Noble, BSB, armour of caelador, Dawnstone, GW = 156
*Mage, Lv.2, Seerstaff of Saphery w. Lore of Shadow (Miasma, Okkams) = 175

Core
*17 Seaguard w. shields, command = 246
*17 Seaguard w. shields, command = 246
*32 Spearmen w. Command = 313