PDA

View Full Version : 2200 Tournament List (Trying WoC)

Slothmasta
10-08-2011, 07:14
Hey Guys,

So i've recently picked up some Warriors of Chaos models and was thinking about taking them to the next tournament. I was hoping to get some insight from the more experienced Warriors generals. My environment is very competitive but I won't be taking things like 2 Hellcannon's and compositions scores will be affected. The list is very infantry heavy.

So my list is:
Core (1016)
18x Chaos Warriors
- Halberds
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Champion
- Standard Bearer
- Banner of Eternal Flame

Monster Hunting and general Hammers. Will use warshrine to try and buff them if required.

40x Chaos Marauders
- Great Weapons
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Champion
- Standard Bearer

Not sure if I should run these 10 wide. Might be too large a unit or run them 6 wide for ranks against large blocks to break steadfast.

18x Chaos Warriors
- Halberds
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Champion
- Standard Bearer

Another hammer

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

Dogs are for screening and redirecting. Possible warmachine hunting too. Would love another unit but not sure where to take the points from.

Special (260)
5x Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Standard Bearer

Great Flankers

Rare (335)
1x Hellcannon

To give some range threat

1x Warshrine

Purely to buff warriors

Heroes (190)
1x Exalted Hero
- Mark of Khorne
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Dawnstone
- Enchanted Shield

In a unit of Warriors with a 2+ re-rollable AS. Was thinking of making Tzeentch with the 5+WS item for a 4+ total. Will experiment with builds.

Lords (395)
1x Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4 Wizard
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Disc of Tzeentch
- Charmed Shield
- Talisman of Preservation
- Infernal Puppet
- Lore of Shadow

I consider this to be a great defensive build for the Sorcerer Lord. 2+ AS and 3+ WS. Vulnerable to cannons so not sure if I should worry with the disc. What do you think?

Total
Model Count: 98
Total Army Cost: 2196

Let me know what you think.

Isabel
10-08-2011, 07:47
I really think this list will do pretty good for you, but as a dedicated WoC player who has attended many GTs and done well, here's some comments that might help:

- The Sorcerer Lord has the MoT, so must use the Lore of Tzeentch. Unfortunatly, cannot take the Lore of Shadow unless unmarked. I would suggest taking him on foot, with the same basic set up and Lore of Shadow, but in a Warrior unit with the Standard of Discipline. That will give him LD9 to confer to others.

- In my experience, great weapon Marauders need to be minimum 50 strong. I always go 60. They die in droves; with only 40, they will lose their horde effectivness very quickly.

- I agree with what you had to say on your bsb, you're probably better off with MoT and Talisman of Endurance for a 4+ and enchated shield for a 2+ 4+.

- Hellcannons seem to be one of those units where they only really perform when they are taken in pairs. That said, I find single Hellcanons to be amazing when used as a tarpit. I place them infront of the enemy, at a slight angle, so they can tarpit a large block while the warriors come at the flank next turn.

- I've had poor luck with knights this addition. As much as I love them, I find Chosen or Warriors will outshine them every time now.

- The Warshrine seems to rely on an army that is built around it. For instance, Chosen with Favour. Otherwise, it's a random effect and in tournaments, the less randomness in your army the better.

Looks like a solid list though. Good Luck

Slothmasta
10-08-2011, 09:06
I've thought about the leadership 8 of my general and have been wanting to put the Standard of Discipline in the army but didn't want to be putting my sorcerer into combat with the other unit of Khorne warriors. Maybe changing them to Tzeentch with shield to give a 5+ Parry Save and make them a bit more defensive?

I am a fan of the shadow lore (but do like tzeentch) so I will try him unmarked. With a shield it only gives him a 3+AS and 4+WS in combat rather then the 2+/3++. Not sure if I'm happy with him being in a combat unit but warriors are too expensive to be a bunker. Maybe a small mauraders unit?

I am tending to learn towards a Tzeentch BSB with Talisman of Endurance for a 2+ AS and 4+ WS.

With only 2200 points, im trying to stay away from units of Chosen as they can get very expensive very fast. If I had an extra 200 points and I would just swap the second warriors unit for chosen with warshrine. Without knights, I don't have anything to really threaten flanks with some speed and punch.

BaSe
10-08-2011, 10:38
I use 2 warshrines and they seem to work very very well. I give my bsb favour of the gods and stick him in my main khorne unit. My aim is the +1 toughness or ward which they usually get by turn 2.
Once I've got all the gifts I have the shrines are great at holding up enemy units due to their saves.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.077454,-2.842884

Eta
10-08-2011, 10:41
I'd change the BSB to Tzeentch, add the Talisman of Endurance, drop the Enchanted Shield, add the Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, a cheap magical weapon (e.g. Biting Blade) and a mundane shield. 3+/4++ saves with immunity to Killing Blow, Poison and Psychology (fits with the Khornate warriors he runs with) should be enough to keep him alive.

You can now give the Enchanted Shield to your lord. A 2+/4++ save is enough to protect him in combat - at least this is my experience. I always put my sorcerer into warrior units which he leads into the fray. With the lore of Shadow being in close combat hardly lowers his spell casting ability. You can use the unit champion to protect the lord from too strong opposing challengers.

Adding the Standard of Discipline to the unit the sorcerer joins is a good idea, too. You might have to drop one warrior of each unit to afford the changes I suggested.

Morax
10-08-2011, 17:43
If you want to keep him on the disc give him the crimson armor of dargan and the golden eye of tzeentch. A lower armor save but it protects you better against cannons and other multi wound warmachines. The golden eye swap saves you a few of the points you would need for the armor. The third eye of tzeentch is a solid choice for your list as it adds flexability while keeping the +5 to cast. With the proliferate usage of shadow you will usually have access to it through the third eye while keeping the nice damage spells of tzeentch.

I agree with Isabel on the Hellcannons, work best in pairs and usually supported by a doom totem. Swaping the hellcannon for a second shrine would pair nicely with the bsb build you are going with now as you will be able to afford favor of the gods on him as well. The shrine also works as a decent holding unit/flanker as they have amazing saves coupled with a high toughness. Make sure to give them the mark of tzeentch if you are intending to send them into combat however as they will need the extra save. The additional benefit comes in as you get a unit almost as hardy as chosen and should be buffed before they hit combat with whichever buffs you were looking to get.

Just a few thoughts.

Slothmasta
11-08-2011, 02:32
Thanks for the great advice guys. I do believe my Lord needs to be the most protected (especially when taking him into combat), this will synergise well with the lore of shadow. My Army is also pretty much S5 across the board so The Withering/Okkam's Mindrazor spell should help with any T6+ monsters.

I've revised my list. Still not sure about the BSB build but im willing to run through some tests. Also how many units of hounds would you take at 2200?

Core (1045)
18x Chaos Warriors
- Halberds
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Champion
- Standard Bearer
- Banner of Eternal Flame

40x Chaos Marauders
- Great Weapons
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Champion
- Standard Bearer

17x Chaos Warriors
- Halberds
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Champion
- Standard Bearer
- Standard of Discipline

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

Special (260)
5x Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
- Standard Bearer

Rare (335)
1x Hellcannon

1x Warshrine

Heroes (195)
1x Exalted Hero
- Shield
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Dragonhelm
- Talisman of Endurance
- Favour of the Gods

Favour of the Gods to help with Warshrine buff. With Dragonhelm it gives him a 2+ AS, 4+ WS so both characters will have the same saves. The only other way to make him more survivable is too put him on a steed which I have also thought about. Anyone ran a BSB in a Knights Unit? I would like Immunity to Killing Blow on him though.

Lords (365)
1x Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4 Wizard
- Enchanted Shield
- Talisman of Preservation
- Infernal Puppet
- Lore of Shadow

2+ AS, 4+ WS. I'm pretty happy with the survivability of this build

Total
Model Count: 102
Total Army Cost: 2200

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
12-08-2011, 23:14
Hey quick question should I equip all my warriors of chaos with halberds and shields??? They the best weapons or should I have my second block of warriors with ad. handweapons??

Great list none the less!!