PDA

View Full Version : Storm of Magic – Summoning points and my Monsters and Magic allowance.

Verchild
10-08-2011, 15:10
I did search around and didn’t see this question answered. I may have missed them, so if I did I apologies and would appreciate being directed to the correct forum posting!

With the extra 25% of points that you get for your “magic and monsters” allowance is used for Monsters, Pacts, Epic Weapons. My Question comes into play with the “Seven sigils of Summoning” spell. Do you need to allocate points from your 25%? Or is this simply in addition if you are able to cast the spell?

I.E. my 25% consists of a total of 500 points. I take 1 dragon at 300 points. I have 200 points left to use. I plan to summon a group of 10 Warriors of Chaos at 15pts each. Should I plan that 150 into my 25%, or Should I just put some models off to the side, and cast what I can cast at the appropriate fulcrum levels?

Thank you oh mighty Warseer Brain Trust, i bow to your wisdom.

[DaT]Seraf
10-08-2011, 15:21
its additional
you can use your 500 points + summon your warriors

Verchild
10-08-2011, 15:35
Seraf;5702923']its additional
you can use your 500 points + summon your warriors

[DaT]Seraf, in honor of imparting your wisdom to me, I will name my next Empire Captain after you.

Question 2: Can the Summoning Spell be used multiple times?

i.e. - Can Wizard 1 summon Warriors, and Wizard 2 summon another wizard, then the summoned wizard summon another wizard which them summons a dinosar, which them promptly eats a lawyer who is hiding in an outhouse that happened to be 12 inches from the fulcrum?

Verchild
10-08-2011, 15:36
Question 3 -- Can you kill a wizard via ranged attacks who is on a Magic Fulcrum?

Mr_Rose
10-08-2011, 16:48
The seven secret sigils have nothing to do with your army list at all. You use them to summon a completely new unit within a point limit determined by the number of fulcrums you control when the spell resolves. That is, those points don't come out of your list; they are 'created' by the spell.

The summoned unit then acts as described for spells with the “summoning” type in the SoM book.

As for your third question, fulcrums are occupied buildings and use those rules, as modified by the exceptions in the SoM book. I don't recall anything that would stop you shooting at them

Verchild
10-08-2011, 16:52
The seven secret sigils have nothing to do with your army list at all. You use them to summon a completely new unit within a point limit determined by the number of fulcrums you control when the spell resolves. That is, those points don't come out of your list; they are 'created' by the spell.

The summoned unit then acts as described for spells with the “summoning” type in the SoM book.

As for your third question, fulcrums are occupied buildings and use those rules, as modified by the exceptions in the SoM book. I don't recall anything that would stop you shooting at them

Excellent, that should answer everything in my head.
There shall be a model named after you as well!!!

Sweet Victory !!!

[DaT]Seraf
10-08-2011, 16:54
tell us how our brothers in name have proved themselfs on the battlefield

Verchild
10-08-2011, 17:16
Seraf;5703112']tell us how our brothers in name have proved themselfs on the battlefield

The mighty DaT Seraf, our Empire General, and the mysterious "Mr Rose" a Wizard from the college of Light do battle this very eve against the untrust worthy Brettonians.

The battle would have happened as normal, but suddenly four fulcrums of magic burst through the ground and look strangely like Pepsi cans. The might Empire, knowing how tastey these fulcrums will be will fight to the death to have control of them!

I will update more.. well when I actually play the game ( and most likely in the battle report forums ). :P

Verchild
11-08-2011, 20:07
Seraf;5703112']tell us how our brothers in name have proved themselfs on the battlefield

I would have written a battle report for this but it was such as sad display of luck and dice rolling I lost all heart to fill it out.

The Brettonians knights ended up being just obliterated by the firemage, but even with that going for me his Truesayer and the ladies owned the magic phases with no miscasts while I owned the miscasts.

The mighty General DaTSeraf survived the battle unscrached, though he did run from a charge of 15 knights after the unit lost CR by 7. Only to rally and never get into combat again.

Mr_Rose on the other hand... failed the cast of "Time Amuck", miscast it anyways, blew himself up, and all 3 of the units around him took Str 10 hits, then promptly rolled a "I feel funny" and Turned into a Monster... (removing him from his fulcrum ) which was promptly sniped by an enemy mage with an over charged "Amber Spear" spell doing 6 Str 10 hits.

It was horrific.
But amazingly fun.

I'm going to stop now before this thread gets moved.

Thanks again all the help with the SoM questions!!!!

Leonathion
27-12-2011, 23:23

Can you summon any unit from any armybook with this spell?

Lord Zarkov
27-12-2011, 23:29
Can you summon any unit from any armybook with this spell?

Any of the armybooks listed in the spell description, which in practice is any Studio army book except the three that can be taken as Pacts in the M&M allowance.