PDA

View Full Version : Hand of Gork

stashman
10-08-2011, 17:08
Is there anything about Hand of Gork can't move units into buildings?

TMATK
10-08-2011, 17:18
Page 126, Garrisoning a Building - "A unit can enter and garrison a building if it can move into base contact with the building during the Movement phase."

Obviously you cast Hand of Gork in the magic phase, also it doesn't technically cause units to move; you take them off the table and put them back on.

Verchild
10-08-2011, 17:27
Page 126, Garrisoning a Building - "A unit can enter and garrison a building if it can move into base contact with the building during the Movement phase."

Obviously you cast Hand of Gork in the magic phase, also it doesn't technically cause units to move; you take them off the table and put them back on.

So, for the sake of argument. Could you HoG a unit onto the top floor of an unmanned Tower? ( This vs HoG'ing a unit into a chapel where short of Gorg throwing a Greenskin fastball and hoping all 20 of the unlucky buggers break through the roof there isn't a way for them to get in from the all mighty green hand.)

With this logic, they aren't "Entering" the tower, but landing on top of it. At which in their next movement phase it could be said they enter it to garrison.

Mr_Rose
10-08-2011, 18:07
Except that buildings are impassable terrain; I don't recall Hand of Gork allowing you place the unit in impassable terrain, so there's no way to "land" on them.
But then if you're trying that why not just move the unit as close as possible on the ground and enter normally next turn anyway?

Verchild
10-08-2011, 18:20
Except that buildings are impassable terrain; I don't recall Hand of Gork allowing you place the unit in impassable terrain, so there's no way to "land" on them.
But then if you're trying that why not just move the unit as close as possible on the ground and enter normally next turn anyway?

Once again your logic is unquestionable.

I guess I just always wanted to justify grabbing my mob of boys and throwing them as hard as I could at a building. With the number of times they fail their animosity test it would be the farthest they ever moved........ :eyebrows:

T10
10-08-2011, 21:37

While true, it's not really relevant. The instructions in the Hand of Gork spell describes how you move the unit, and is quite specific. You would have to disregard it and invent a different text entirely to garrison a building.

stashman
10-08-2011, 21:43
Thanks. Damn! Thougth that spell was really good :mad:

Malorian
10-08-2011, 21:53
Thanks. Damn! Thougth that spell was really good :mad:

It IS really good.

stashman
10-08-2011, 23:16
It IS really good.

It was a joke Malorian ;)

It is a great spell, and I love it.

stashman
11-08-2011, 23:51
Hand of Gork (part 2).

Can you Hand of Gork a unit OUT of a building?

T10
12-08-2011, 06:39
That depends on how literal you want to be: Units in buildings appear to retain their formation even though the unit is removed from the table. So if you allow the initial model to be "removed" again from off the table then technically it should work.

However it seems reasonable to me that if you can't put units into buildings, then it can't be used to move units out of them.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avian
13-08-2011, 18:54
Not sure where you got that idea. The rules say that the unit is considered to be spread out and this is why you get less hits with templates and so on.

T10
14-08-2011, 09:35
Sorry about that. I had this as a hold-over from 7th edition when you needed to leave the building with the unit in the same formation as when you entered the building. Now, I see the unit exits in any desired formation.

Of course, if the unit is literally spread out in "no formation", it would be impossible to use the Hand of Gork to extract them from the building since you have to replace them on the table in their current formation.

Avian
14-08-2011, 10:27
Correct. The unit also has no front rank for you to pick a model from.

T10
14-08-2011, 14:07
You could pick a command model, since that would always be in the front rank... :)

Avian
14-08-2011, 17:49
Heh!

(Text for the text god)