PDA

View Full Version : gorkamorka rebel grot weapons?

DiddyKong
10-08-2011, 17:47
Hi all, recently getting into gorkamorka after many years of wanting to.
Rebel grots are my mob of choice, and I'm just wondering about weapon options, it says in the weapon lists that shootas and kannons are available, but then later says about if a honcho gets overthrown he has to give up his shoota/kannon as these weaons are too good for normal grots? So, I've got no idea which of tha actual weapons in the list are available for normal grots?

Thanks

xensyria
11-08-2011, 12:16
The wording's a bit confusing, but it looks like there are three tiers of weapons for Rebel Grots (found at the end of their gang list on p. 36):
Rebel Grot Gunz: Shoota & Kannon (for Head Honcho / Banna Waver only)
Grots Weapons: Slugga & Six Shoota (for normal Grots & the above)
Snots Weapons: Bow, Crossbow, Blunderbus, Catapult or Hand to Hand weapons (for Snots & any of the above)
You can also equip anyone except Snots with Armour and Stikkbomz.

Hope that helps!

DiddyKong
11-08-2011, 18:06
Thankyou very much, that's cleared it up. And now that i've read back thought the weapon lists, it seems obvious! This means i can proceed with my rebel grot band and have some pictures up soon.

Flamekebab
15-08-2011, 16:50
It always annoyed me that there was no skill or other weapon to fill the gap between shootas/kannons and pistols.

Something like a grot blaster from 40k, for example.

BigRob
15-08-2011, 22:24
To be fair, grot blasters was just a generic term for the weapons on the grot models which were, at the time, a mix of sluggas, six shootas, bows, catapults, blunderbuss and so on, so thats allready covered.

IMO Rebel Grots should get another couple of big guns, maybe a Grotzooka, but they seem pretty well equipped options wise for what is a swarm gang.

I never quite got Rebel Grots tactics wise, just load up the lugga and go to pile on? Where do Cuttas fit in and so on.

Flamekebab
15-08-2011, 22:29
I'm not entirely sure although if you do figure it out that'd rock. We'd love to run an article or two on Rebel Grot tactics.

I've heard that Cuttas can be employed to great effect, or at least some effect, by equipping their passengers with stikkbombs.

To be fair, grot blasters was just a generic term for the weapons on the grot models which were, at the time, a mix of sluggas, six shootas, bows, catapults, blunderbuss and so on, so thats allready covered.
I know, but I like to think of it as something else, even though it isn't. I like the term "grot blaster".

xensyria
15-08-2011, 22:48
How powerful were grot blasters rules wise? I remember the good old (2nd ed) days of Gretchin with autoguns...

Flamekebab
15-08-2011, 22:55
Something like 12" range, Strength 3, Assault 1. That would make them basically sluggas by GoMo standards whereas 40K sluggas are S4.