PDA

View Full Version : Halp! Piecing together 2k fun O&G list

Trustey
10-08-2011, 20:01
I got a bunch of second hand models from the BFSP set, I plan to repaint all of them. I posess a handful of other models I need to squeeze into the list as well. My goal is to make a decent fun list that includes models I would enjoy painting, and that just look really cool in an Orky way.

What I have and therefore must be in army:
60+ NG/command/characters from BFSP. 40 spears 20 bows. I think I'll mash them together into one hoard.
2 chukkas
1 doom diver
4 fanatics
1 Wurrzag I painted for a local contest (for use as L2 or L4, I don't like Wurrzags cost at 2k)
1 BO Boss
1 Orc Boss on pig (not gonna run him unless I squeeze some boar boyz in)
1 Savage Orcs Box
3 river trolls, 1 regular troll (and I'm not above putting them in the same unit as either type of troll)
10 Spider riders (don't really care for the cost of these for what they do... might leave em out)

Models I really want to be part of the army:
Arachnarok
Squigs of some kind (probably herd, I would like to do a mangler too)
Pump Wagon
Also I like the Boar Boyz

I plan to increase the savage orcs to 30-40 for the main block. Not sure what to run the NG as spears or bows... Here's the list I have in mind, it includes some other models I really want to have in the army because they look cool :D

The list:
Core 825
40 Savage Big Uns, FC, Stabba, EHW 495
60 NG, FC, Nets, 3 Fanatics, Bows or Spears? 330

Hero 360
L2 NG Shaman 85
L2 Savage Orc w Shrunken Head 155
BO Big Boss BSB and Charmed Shield 120

Rare 480
Snotling Pump Wagon
Arachnarok
Doom Diver
Mangler Squig

Special 325
Goblin Chariot
2 Chukkas
10 Squig Herd
4 Trolls

Total 1990
Should I trim some fat for a unit of Boar Boyz? Should I fit in a killy Boss somewhere? And is it cheesy as hell for a BO to run in a hoard of Savages? I'm not too concerned with fluff, but I think 40 savages might have him for dinner first...

Thanks!

Morax
10-08-2011, 20:52
I plan to increase the savage orcs to 30-40 for the main block.

Should I trim some fat for a unit of Boar Boyz? Should I fit in a killy Boss somewhere? And is it cheesy as hell for a BO to run in a hoard of Savages? I'm not too concerned with fluff, but I think 40 savages might have him for dinner first...

Thanks!

A good plan!

Boar boyz are kinda meh at the moment as all calvary took a massive hit in the current edition.

I find that the boyz need a strong leader type in a bad way, some kind of warboss or a standard of discipline goes a long way in the O&G. If it's just a fun list though you shouldn't have too many problems if you can net a leadership 8 general and the BSB there for support.

If people start calling you cheesy you can point out all the non-cheesy things you are doing. Like not running a pair of mangler squigs and a pair of pump wagons. Like not running a 100 man night goblin mob. Like not running a giant sized herd of squigs and handlers. Like not runing a 18 man mob of trolls. That should shut them up quick.