PDA

View Full Version : Video Report - 4000 pts skaven/slaanesh vs empire/high elves

IcedCrow
11-08-2011, 03:25
Campaign Battle. Turn 1

http://youtu.be/G-vG4RTVhIE

TsukeFox
11-08-2011, 04:11
Swweeet special effects !
Omiting the 1 inch rule since things get crowded with two armies ?

Sharing magic sucks- Is magic generation not changed at all?

TsukeFox
11-08-2011, 04:39
On a side note I am going to vote for the forced of distruction to win.
Half of the forces of Good are "only human."

IcedCrow
11-08-2011, 12:09
With a crowded table like that, yeah the 1" rule was not really going to work. Didn't really think about it to be honest.

We went by the book for magic, so power dice were generated the same. Winds of magic are all the same regardless of number of wizards, and didn't want it to get silly.

Going into that game, like all my games, I know most of my magic is going to be shut down because I only take a level 2 with me. I get lucky sometimes and get a spell off but for the most part I leave the spell casting to others and just beat on things.

I'll be working on Part ii of the video tonight and tomorrow. I have a lot of terrain to paint up for our second cycle =)

Tupinamba
16-08-2011, 00:03
Thanks for the reports!

Absolutely love campaigns and kudos for the flavourful non min/max, spam etc. armies. IŽd love to keep an eye on the campaign and hope youŽll get to play it till the end.

Also, I really liked the format of the reports.

Cheers!

Gabacho Mk.II
16-08-2011, 03:01
Chris,
I gotta say, I love your reports, your campaign postings/reports and your take on various WFB rules and quandries.
However, I strongly felt that this battle was gonna be a rout for the Elves/Empire as soon as I saw the placements.

Anyways, as always, thanks for your time in posting batreps and am looking forward to the next one. :)

IcedCrow
16-08-2011, 12:03
Glad you all liked it. I finished the report with photos and write up instead of video (it's also linked on this board and is on the front page of the campaign site in my sig)

Both empire and high elf player have looked it over and are plotting revenge and understand a couple of things that they could have done.

For one, not coming out the gate and attacking. They could have gotten another turn in of magic/shooting which as we all know could have massively swung the tide over.

The steam tank being stopped by slaves was also a bonus for us, but that is how you deal with the thing... you feed it trash troops (sorry slaves... but that is what you are, now get back out on the field and club that thing to death with branches and stones!)

Last, the greatsword deathstar was a mistake in the making as well, both in composition, and in placement.

Our next campaign cycle starts up Aug 27th... and I'm busy painting on some fulcrums in case we roll up a storm of magic scenario! =)

Absolutely love campaigns and kudos for the flavourful non min/max, spam etc. armies. IŽd love to keep an eye on the campaign and hope youŽll get to play it till the end.

Oh it will go to the end! It's six months in length total, so we know that December is our last game before we switch to 40k for six months. I love campaigns for the non traditional armies as well and I am thankful to be involved with a group of guys (and gals) that can do the same.