PDA

View Full Version : Largest of Monsters vs Fulcrum

Tregar
11-08-2011, 13:33
Can a model with "largest of monsters" special rule thunderstomp a model in an Arcane Fulcrum? The Fulcrum rules say that they're too high up to be stomped, but the Largest of Monsters rule says that they're so enormous they can thunderstomp everything! Who wins out? 4+?

Morax
11-08-2011, 14:25
I would say the fulcrum would stop them from stomping. The pratical implication of the largest of monsters rule is to alow the monster to stomp on other monsters, not units that would otherwise be immune to all stomps.

Scalebug
11-08-2011, 16:05
+1 on that. Largest of Monsters would allow the Bonegrinder or Mammoth to stomp something like an Ogre Butcher, or just a Wizard on a horse, but if they are on a Fulcrum it would then make the target immune to the stomp.

Warrior of Chaos
11-08-2011, 20:39
I agree with the above statements. If a model is immune to stomp, for some specific reason not covered under the normal rules parameters for stomp, T-stomp or LoM, it would also be immune to thunderstomp seeing as how one is just an extension of the other.

I guess what i'm trying to say is if the immunity is granted outside the normal rules guidelines for a series of similar abilities...i'd probably rule in favor of the unique situation.

Tregar
12-08-2011, 11:40
Seems fair enough. I don't agree entirely, since the rules for Fulcrums phrase it as an issue of size preventing the stomps from working, and the "largest of monsters" rule says it's size that lets the stomp work anyway, but I think the way you guys see it is how most people will, so I'll go with that ;)

druchii
15-08-2011, 01:45
Im just curious: why do people think thunderstomp is a subcategory of stomp
? Isn't that like saying monsterous infantry are a subcategory of infantry? If so tell that to ogre players getting blitzed by the dreaded 13th spell ...

Glen_Savet
15-08-2011, 02:32
Because of the listing in the rulebook of Thunderstomp. It's listed as a subcategory of Stomp, a smaller heading and everything.

Warrior of Chaos
15-08-2011, 15:09
Im just curious: why do people think thunderstomp is a subcategory of stomp?

It is listed as a sub-category as the previous poster stated. Heroic Killing Blow is also listed as a sub-category of regular KB, so IMO the same line of logic applies to that particular ability as well. :)