PDA

View Full Version : comabt, cav vs warmachines

TMATK
13-08-2011, 02:44
At a recent tourney I was told that cavalry count as 2 when counting how many models can attack a war-machine, ie only 3 can attack. Is this true? I can't find it in the rulebook.

Thanks.

Yrrdead
13-08-2011, 03:00
Not true, the only remotely "confusing" aspect of war machine abstract combat I would assume is the FAQ'd bit about clarifying monstrous infantry/cavalry/beasts bit.

Ramius4
13-08-2011, 07:28
Page 110, 3rd paragraph. Six models can attack a machine. Monstrous Infantry, Cavalry and beasts each count as three models. Monsters count as 5.

Ravenar
13-08-2011, 09:46
To spell it out a bit more plainly, the FAQ changed(clarified) it from monstrous infantry/cavalry/beasts to mean monstrous infantry, monstrous cavalry and monstrous beasts. One can see where people could read it either way.

Ref: BRB FAQ, pg 8, left column, 4th question.

Mr_Rose
13-08-2011, 09:57
Page 110, 3rd paragraph. Six models can attack a machine. Monstrous Infantry, Cavalry and beasts each count as three models. Monsters count as 5.
Even if that actually applied (it's referring to monstrous cavalry only, as per the FAQ) the numbers still don't add up; with the "cavalry count as three models" reading, only two can attack a war machine, not three as the OP was told.

I can't see anywhere in the BRB that implies that cavalry count as two models and can only assume the confusion comes from a combination of misreading the rule you quoted and memories of 7e and Unit Strength….

Ravenar
13-08-2011, 13:22
Yep, this was a major problem at our game house until the FAQ came out. People actually argued that montsrous infnatry and regular cavalry were the ones limited. It begged the question about monstrous cavalry, but no one had a good answer. After longer discussions, we were quite happy to see the BRB clarified (which already made sense to us Bretonnian players anyway :p)

eron12
13-08-2011, 17:28
Maybe the cav counts as two was a tournament rule. Did it use comp?

TMATK
13-08-2011, 17:34
Maybe the cav counts as two was a tournament rule. Did it use comp?

Yes, but that wasn't part of it. I think it was an honest mistake. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a rule buried in the rulebook somewhere.

Grimgormx
14-08-2011, 05:28
regular infantry, regular beast of war, and regular cavalry 6 models on the unit get to fight, only 2 if monstruous cav, mountruous beast, or monstruous inf

Yrrdead
14-08-2011, 06:14
regular infantry, regular beast of war, and regular cavalry 6 models on the unit get to fight, only 2 if monstruous cav, mountruous beast, or monstruous inf

And by 2 you mean of course 3.

Edit - No he means 2 , L2readandcount.

Grimgormx
15-08-2011, 00:51
no, each mountruous infantry counts as 3 infantry models, so only 2 mounstruous infantry can fight in the assault groups vs warmachine crew.

2 monstruous inf = 6 normal infantry

or a monster + 1 infantry (monster = 5 infantry)

Yrrdead
15-08-2011, 01:27
>.< you're right and I'm an idiot.