PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves 2400pt- competative tourney list

Monstrum
13-08-2011, 08:26
just trying to make the most competative list to use in a tourney vs mostly powergamers. armies will be dwarves, other dark elves, 2 daemons, 2 WoC, skaven, brett, empire, tomb kings, orcs & goblins. nothing will be fluffy, every nasty combo will be utilized so i'm hoping for a list that will be able to hold it's own, especially since i havent played that much DE and very new to 8th (played 6th and 7th quite a bit)

LORDS - 553

dreadlord- 268
- h armor, shield, sd cloak (+15)
- crown of command (+35)
- dragonhelm (+10)
- pendant of khaleth (+35)
- soulrender (+15)
- dark steed (+18)

standard unkillable lord. was initially against this, but it seems like i'm gonna need him to compete. dark steed instead of pegasus since i dont have the points

supreme sorceress- 285
- upgrade to lvl4 (+35)
- sacraficial dagger (+25)

this is pretty much mandatory, some sort of protection would be nice but alas i have no points. i am a little worried about miscasts and losing concentration with only one caster though.

HEROES - 225

death hag- 225
- cauldon of blood (+110)
- bsb (+25)

again, this is standard in pretty much every DE list.

CORE- 714 (604 true core)

10 repeater xbows- 100

10 repeater xbows- 100

14 dark elf warriors- 84

28 corsairs- 320
- mus, banner (+15)
- banner of sea serpent (+25)

5 harpies- 55

5 harpies- 55

the bare minimum core. i'd love to add another unit of repeaters and harpies, add shields and buff up the warrior and corsair units a bit, but no points for it!

SPECIAL- 731

20 black guard 306
- mus, banner (+21)
- banner of murder (+25)

24 witches 265
- mus, banner (+15)
- banner of eternal flame (+10)

5 shades- 80

5 shades- 80

the witches and shades units might be a little small, but again, no points to buff them up!

RARE - 175

1 hydra- 175

no points for another hydra!

TOTAL POINTS- 2398

basically I've included everything i wanted to include (except the second hydra) and i'd love to buff some of the units but i just dont have the points. i could drop the dreadlord to buff up the units and add the second hydra, but would it really be worth it?
PLEASE TEAR THIS LIST APART AND GIVE ME IDEAS!

tmarichards
13-08-2011, 13:52
I'd be inclinced to drop the shield on the dreadlord, seeing as he already has a 1+ vs shooting and can't use it in combat (personally I prefer the Sword of Might instead), drop 4 Witches, drop 3 Corsairs and put the points into boosting the shades up a bit, and giving them extra hand weapon.