PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the Leper

Kampfpanzer
13-08-2011, 09:44
Something came up in a game today that my opponent and I didn't have a good answer too. With Nurgle's Curse of the Leper, say you cast it on a unit (so -1/-1) then your next magic phase rolls around and it ticks again (-2/-2), can you then recast it giving a unit -3/-3 over 2 magic phases? Yes, it's a cheap tactic and I didn't use it, just brought it up, but wondering if anyone has an idea on how to resolve it. Also, is it a permanent effect or once dispelled, do you get your S/T back?

Mr_Rose
13-08-2011, 10:06
Something came up in a game today that my opponent and I didn't have a good answer too. With Nurgle's Curse of the Leper, say you cast it on a unit (so -1/-1) then your next magic phase rolls around and it ticks again (-2/-2), can you then recast it giving a unit -3/-3 over 2 magic phases? Yes, it's a cheap tactic and I didn't use it, just brought it up, but wondering if anyone has an idea on how to resolve it. Also, is it a permanent effect or once dispelled, do you get your S/T back?
Spells without a specified duration have their effect then end leaving behind a modified (or not) unit; imagine if you could "dispel" the wounds caused by a Fireball in later turns….
Equally, multiple castings of a spell ought to have a cumulative effect; going with the Fireball example again would you believe anyone who claimed that, since you already killed some models in the unit with a previous casting, this one wouldn't have any effect?

That said, I don't have my book right now so I don't know whether the Curse is RiP or instantaneous or short duration or what.

Kampfpanzer
13-08-2011, 10:14
CoL is RiP. I figured that it was permanent, just wanted to make sure, the main query was about stacking it after it had ticked. There is nothing in the FAQ about it, so we weren't sure.

danny-d-b
13-08-2011, 10:43
yep its RIP

however if you had festus and another nurgle mage who genrated COL you could get -2/-2 per turn in theary

however if it was dispelled or cancled the effect would disapear

T10
13-08-2011, 13:00
The Curse of the Leper's ability to wipe out a unit, while certainly exiting, is hardly reliable. On the other hand, it is a spell that give you an edge against the unit in close combat, and it is a spell the enemy is likely to have to allocate power dice to dispel.

Yrrdead
13-08-2011, 15:50
It is RIP which as danny mentions means you would need more than one caster to "stack" it. That said its effects are cumulative per the WoC FAQ pg 4.

Also per the spell, it isn't permanent.

As an aside, is Wither the only "permanent" debuff?

Leth Shyish'phak
13-08-2011, 23:42
Plague of Rust is permanent.

Surgency
14-08-2011, 02:52
Wither is the only permanent debuff that can kill :p

decker_cky
14-08-2011, 07:19
Double curse of the leper in an army could be really annoying. You'll almost always have to dispel at least one copy, sometimes two. Add in withering or enfeebling foe on a shadows lord and you have several incredibly annoying RiP spells, and solid potential to kill with curse of the leper.

Djekar
14-08-2011, 19:02
Double curse of the leper in an army could be really annoying. You'll almost always have to dispel at least one copy, sometimes two. Add in withering or enfeebling foe on a shadows lord and you have several incredibly annoying RiP spells, and solid potential to kill with curse of the leper.

And suddenly, as if from the heavens, my next WoC army...