PDA

View Full Version : Foot of Gork

Andy p
13-08-2011, 10:44
Ok I did a search and unfortunately nothing came back, although I assume this has been asked before but:

How do you place the foot of gork template when casting it?

I assume from how it reads in the book that you simply place it at any angle you want and then it scatters at that angle?

Here are the first two sentences from the book:
'Place the foot of gork template within 36" of the shaman. It then scatters d6" maintaining the same facing'

Im just asking for confirmation, as some opponents have asked if im allowed to turn it sideways or whatnot when using it and frankly I wasnt sure, although that little extract seems to suggest that you simply place it at whatever angle you want.

But I like to be sure, I dont want to take advantage of something I shouldnt afterall. :p

Mr_Rose
13-08-2011, 11:05
When you place the template initially, you choose the orientation but then if it scatters you maintain the same orientation, even if that would be less than optimal or cause the thing to miss completely — you don't get to spin it around to maximise hits after scattering, basically.

T10
13-08-2011, 12:56
Indeed, "maintaining the same facing" means you do not rotate the template.

Andy p
13-08-2011, 20:12
Yes, but that part comes after the scatter, I mean before the scatter, but mr rose answered it, so thanks to both of you :D.

Artiee
14-08-2011, 02:54
I posted this on Da-warpath..

NTJ2010
14-08-2011, 07:11
Before the scatter you can place the template in any orientation. This means you can have it run "parallel" to the unit, "perpendicular", completely oblong, so that only that the heel hits the banner and the toes attempt to hit a certain corner...whatever.
(I used quotes above because of it's odd shape so it's hard to decide parallel and what not)

T10
14-08-2011, 09:09

Succinct. :)

Andy p
14-08-2011, 20:08

Aha fantastic, thanks everyone :D.