PDA

View Full Version : GBH's Khorne WOC

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
14-08-2011, 07:17
Ok so I'm new to warhammer and WOC just want some advice on my army list.

My army list,

Exalted hero

Halberd
Shield
MOK
What magic items/ gifts of chaos are good for a Killy lord??

So that's 134PTA plus whatever item and gifts

Exlated hero

BSB
Shield
MoK
Banner of gods

And magic items??

280pts

2 x 12 Warriors of Chaos

Halberds
Shields
MoK
Full command

I'm gunna put the bsb in with one unit and the hero in with another

5 chaos knights

MOK
Lances
full command

305 pts

5 chaos knights

MOK
Full command

280pts

I'm looking to add more units any help would be greatly appreciated!!

...GBH...

TheOneHawk
14-08-2011, 16:37
You need marauders and warhounds. Cut a unit of knights, they're a great flanker but don't have much staying power with no rank bonus at all. Fill those points with a big unit of marauders and a couple units of warhounds to protect your flanks and maybe hunt some weak war machines.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
14-08-2011, 20:02
What if I make it a unit of 10 knights with lances??

TheOneHawk
15-08-2011, 05:47
Do you still not have warhounds and marauders? Then you still don't have the numbers.

Eta
15-08-2011, 14:52
What if I make it a unit of 10 knights with lances??

Don't take lances on Chaos Knights, it'll make them worse for a premium in point costs.

Your list lacks Chaos Hounds, add three units of them, they can be used in a lot of ways to help your army.

TheOneHawk
15-08-2011, 20:25
^ this.

Everyone forgets hounds because they look so horribly weak in comparison to the rest of the army. Guess what, they are! But a unit of them is 30 points and can protect you from flank charges, get flank charges themselves to help CR, hunt war machines, and generally just be one hell of a pain in the ass. They are very important, but also very expendable. Nobody cares about losing a 30 point unit, but if that 30 point unit takes out that 90 point warp lightning cannon, protecting your 200 points warriors from its crazy damage, then they're worth it.

thesheriff
15-08-2011, 21:47
I'd drop banner of the gods to start off with. It's alot of points. Just give your bsb defensive gear. Dragonhelm, shield, Dawnstone is a good defensive combo. 2+ rerollable AS is pretty decent for 45pts.

I would give your Killy character the following; Helm of Many eyes, Great weapon, Necrotic Phylacraty, charmed shield. He gets a 2++ against the first look out sir he misses (effectively), is S7 at I7, and has immunity to do or die spells.

Your list also need big units. Units of 40 Marauders are key, one unit with MOK, Great weapons will rape.

And dogs is a good idea too. 3 units of 5, so you don't give away more than 100vps if they die.

And, I would combine the warrior unit to keep them whole.

To summarize;

*Exalted hero w. Helm of Many eyes, GW, Necrotic Phylacraty, charmed shield = 158pts
*Exalted hero w. BSB, Dragonhelm, shield, Dawnstone = 175
*18 Warriors w. Halberds, Shields, Command, MOK, Banner of Eternal Flame = 386
*40 Marauders w. GW, MOK, Command = 250
*3 x 5 Warhounds = 90
*9 Knights w. MOK, Banner, Musician, Blasted Standard = 435

Total = 1494

Also, if you remove a warrior, you could give your general a steed.

hope that helps

thesheriff

TheOneHawk
15-08-2011, 21:52
With six points left couldn't he just have one extra dog in one of the units? 6 more VP's isn't a big deal if when they die and that extra wound/attack might come in handy.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
16-08-2011, 00:18
So what's the easiest way to get the lance arms unstuck on my knights lol.

So I dnt give the BSB a magic banner?? What's he do then??
And no marks on my heroes??

Thanks everyone this was the advice I needed.

thesheriff
16-08-2011, 07:55
So what's the easiest way to get the lance arms unstuck on my knights lol.

So I dnt give the BSB a magic banner?? What's he do then??
And no marks on my heroes??

Thanks everyone this was the advice I needed.

My mate uses the lance arms anyway, because they rank up easier. Alternatively, remove the hands from the lances and the EW's, and pin them.

A bsb let's all units within 12" re-roll all tests with LD. This is panic, rally, failed combat and restrain mostly.

If you drop a knight, you can get marks on both the characters.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
16-08-2011, 23:00
Mine dnt rank up at all, got them facing forward lol. I need them for halberds for my warriors anyway. So I have purchased some hounds and next pay check start on my marauder horde lol. So my club plays what u see is what u get what wood represent great weapons on a marauder??

And some opinions on expandinding my force?? I really wanna get the khorne lord on juggernaut for sure. But what else I want my chaos legion to be able to hold it's own against anything. 2500 points I'm aiming for. A hellcannon? Ooo shiny, chosen?? Can WoC take minataurs?? Sorry to be such a pest just need help.

...GBH...

Quinn
17-08-2011, 00:01
I converted all of my Marauders with GWs. I used the Flails, cut off the top and replaced them with left-over axe heads from Warriors. I had a lot of warrior sprues though, and pinning them all was a pain. You can build them with Flails and just convert the front rank and I doubt anyone will say anything.
But more warriors before you do anything else, you really need at least 2 units of 18-24 at 2500 points, 3 is even better.
A Hellcannon is a good thing to add. The Juggernaut model is amazing and if you build him right (magic items) he is pretty hard to kill, even without a LoS roll. Some guys like Khorne Ogres too, and with some new models coming out for ogres, this might be a good-looking unit to field. I just bought the Manticore model to add to my army, even though it will not be very effective, it looks great and the riders are pretty amazing models.
No Minotaurs for WoC btw.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
17-08-2011, 02:05
Yeah another unit of 18 warriors is on the table. More halberds yay. Plan to run the lord on juggernaut in a unit of 8 knights. A hellcannon for much needed range attacks. How do maurder horseman go??

TheOneHawk
17-08-2011, 04:06
I've never been hugely impressed by Marauder horsemen, but don't take my word for it. I just find dogs do the same jobs nearly as good for less than half the cost.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
17-08-2011, 06:54
Noted. So I might buy some ogre ironguts and convert them to some chaos orges more armor and spikes and skulls.

TheOneHawk
17-08-2011, 07:55
Reapermini.com makes some nice trolls as well. One even has a crown and would make a great Throgg.

Throw together an updated list?

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
17-08-2011, 08:16
Well i really like the sheriffs list how it is, but ill make a aim for list 2500 worth just abit of flexablity i think.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
30-08-2011, 04:36
Ok so My clubs having a little campaign thing going on and I'd like to join it's 1000pts and has objectives I like the sheriffs list do I'll build one of that and post it tonight.

One thing I'm worried about is the no range issue. Wood it be better if I drop the bsb and pick up a sorcerer??

Also what are good tactics, deployment, screening and combat??

Help appreciated.

...GBH...

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
31-08-2011, 00:28
So I need help with a sorcerer build. What's the best lore for the most destruction possible I'm trying to fit in my 1000 point army without sacrificing to many points??

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
31-08-2011, 03:38
Ok new list.

Exalted hero
With
Helm of many eyes
GW
Charmed shield
Chaos steed
167 pts

Chaos sorcerer
With
MON
Puppet
Spell familiar
155pts

12 WOC
With
Halberds
Shields
Command
MOK

20 marauders
With
GW
MOK
Command

2x5 dogs

5 knights
With
MOK
Banner
Musician

That's 1033 plz help lol

...GBH...

thesheriff
31-08-2011, 09:29
Ok, first off, your over on characters. Drop the Sorcerer, your a khorne army for ****'s sake.

I'd also drop the charmed shield and pick up the Dawnstone.

Use any points you have saves to beef the Marauders (works out as 20 by my calculations).

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
31-08-2011, 12:21
Ok here's another go!!

Hero's

Exalted Hero
- Helm of Many Eyes
- GW
- Dawnstone
- MOK
- Sheild

= 188 pts

Core

11 Warriors
- MOK
- Halberds
- Sheilds
- Command

= 247 pts

35 Maurauders
- MOK
- GW
- Command

= 225 pts

2 x 5 Warhounds

= 60 pts

Special

5 Knights
- MOK
- Musician
- Standard

= 260 pts

Total
= 980 Pts

So Hero goes in with the warriors ill run them 6 wide 2 deep.
Marauders are 5 wide 7 deep.
Run the dogs on the flanks, knights in the middle and warriors and marauders either side.
also what can i pick up for that extra 20pts that would help.

Advice appreciated.

...GBH...

thesheriff
31-08-2011, 21:57
Why are your Marauders 5x7?!? You want them 10x3 with left overs.

For 20pts, anouther warrior OR Rapturous standard for the warriors.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
01-09-2011, 03:35
Just didnt no how to rank that's all.

Ok here's a lord build for my 2000pt army I'll post up tonight.

Chaos Lord
MOK
Juggernaut
Axe of Khorne
Charmed Shield
The crimson armor of dargan

So should I drop the shield and pick up something else??

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
06-09-2011, 23:40
Iss a small block of chosen better for 1000pt game instead of the knights??

RandomSpecific
07-09-2011, 00:15
i would shy away from chosen until higher points levels, were already a little challenged on numbers so no need to make it worse, especially as chosen are best with a certain build to maximise their role (imo) and that build adds up quickly.

mono khorne is fun and has been my army of choice for a few editions, but you need to accept the risk that some games your basically going to be swept from the table without doing anything at all, not always, and maybe even not alot but be ready for some nightmare games. (no shooting, no magic etc)

also lords are rarely worth it, they cost tons and an exalted often handles the role well enough, giving you more points for more combat blocks. make full use of marauder blocks with GW. they are after all a khorne unit and probably one of the best units at the moment.

consider running your exalteds with anti shooting ward save items to help the blocks they join get across the board, iron curse icon as well as banners (blasted standard for example) to further help out untill you can close and claim some more skulls.

another thing that i often forget. champions are quite expensive for what they bring and generally they are only recommended when your trying to protect a sorceror from unwanted challenges, use saved points for more bodies.

best of luck.