PDA

View Full Version : WoC Army 2580 pts

saruon
14-08-2011, 13:23
Hello, fellow Warhammerplayers. I've been making an army list for my WoC army and I would like to hear your comments and opinions. Just that you know some of the models haven't been bought yet. I'm playing with the expansion Storm of Magic so the list will include some things from that book.

Lords (420)
1x Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4 Wizard
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Disc of Tzeentch
- 2x Dispel Scroll
- Golden Eye of Tzeentch
- Spell Familiar
- Conjoined Homunculus

Heroes (254)
x1 Exalted Hero
- Mark of Khorne
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Juggernaut
- Doom Totem
- Flail

Core (741)
12x Chaos Warriors
- Halberds
- Shields
- Mark of Nurgle
- Full Command
- Banner of Rage
(Note: I was thinking of buying one more if this unit but I'm still unsure)

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

20x Chaos Marauders
- Great Weapons
- Mark of Khorne
- Full Command

5x Marauder Horsemen
- Mark of Nurgle
- Shields
- Light Armour
- Spear
- Musician

5x Marauder Horsemen
- Mark of Nurgle
- Shields
- Light Armour
- Spear
- Musician

Special (630)
x5 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Nurgle
- Full Command
- Banner of Rage

x5 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Nurgle
- Full Command
- Banner of Rage

Rare (535)
x1 Hellcannon

x3 Bile Troll of Chaos

x3 Bile Troll of Chaos
(Note: I haven't bought this trolls yet but the rules for them and where too buy these can be found here http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/WARHAMMER_CHAOS/NURGLE-BILE-TROLLS.html)

This gives me a total 2580 points. 2580/4 gives me 645 points to spend on Pacts, Mythic Artefacts, Scrolls of Binding. I choose to make a Pact with Daemons of Chaos and include a Great Unclean One in my Army. It costs 450 points in the Daemons of Chaos Army book and I want to give him a Balesword which costs another 75 pts. This points is what I can remember from looking in the Army Book. I cannot remember the cost of his Wizard levels.

So please comment. :)

saruon
14-08-2011, 20:28
I found out that I have some more questions about my army. I have made the sorcerer tzeentchian and on a disc because people said that it was good and I have the model, but now I wonder is it possible to have a Level 4 Nurgle sorcerer instead of the tzeentch and if it's possible which mount and magic items I should have.

But is it possible to go mono Nurgle? How should I change the BSB and the Marauders then?

Eta
15-08-2011, 22:22
You should take a look into the main rulebook again. You have multiples of magic items / banners in your list which is not legal. Furthermore, your sorcerer has three arcane items at the moment but you may only take one.

Silver Bullet
16-08-2011, 16:15
Your list is very thin in that you units lack numbers. The warriors and marraders need some more numbers bad. I would drop the trolls or one of the units of nights to do this. Also the banner of rage can only be taken one time along with every other magic item unless otherwise stated.

saruon
17-08-2011, 07:35
Where do you find these rules? I have gone through the armybook and the rulebook but cannot find either of what you say, I have also asked the people who works at the Games Workshopstore in my town and they say that you are wrong.

So you say I need numbers? Which needs more first? The marauders or warriors?

TheOneHawk
17-08-2011, 07:52
Both need numbers badly. 12 warriors can hold their own up to about 1250, maybe 1500, but then they just don't have anywhere near the numbers to get anything done. 40 marauders and 20 warriors, minimum at this points value.

Eta
17-08-2011, 10:17
Where do you find these rules? I have gone through the armybook and the rulebook but cannot find either of what you say, I have also asked the people who works at the Games Workshopstore in my town and they say that you are wrong.

Should be in the magic items / common magic items chapter, I do not have a rulebook on me to tell you the exact page number. But trust me, I am right ;).

Jack of Blades
17-08-2011, 10:19

They say he's wrong? xD your local GW doesn't sound promising...

thesheriff
17-08-2011, 11:33
Hello, fellow Warhammerplayers. I've been making an army list for my WoC army and I would like to hear your comments and opinions. Just that you know some of the models haven't been bought yet. I'm playing with the expansion Storm of Magic so the list will include some things from that book.

Lords (420)
1x Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4 Wizard
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Disc of Tzeentch
- 2x Dispel Scroll
- Golden Eye of Tzeentch
- Spell Familiar
- Conjoined Homunculus
Right, since the new rules, you cannot have multiple Dispel scrolls. It used to be the only common magic item you coudl take multiple times. No longer.

With this in mind, i reccomend the following build;

LV.4, MoT, Disc, Third eye of tzeentch, Infernal puppet, Talismain of Preservation, Enchanted shield. Optional either bloodcrudling Roar or Stream of Corruption

Heroes (254)
x1 Exalted Hero
- Mark of Khorne
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Juggernaut
- Doom Totem
- Flail
Hes alright. But, with only one hellcannon or death magic, doom totem is very expensive. i would give him magic items instead. Dawnstone, helm of many eyes, halberd shoudl do. And then the BSB upgrade.

Core (741)
12x Chaos Warriors
- Halberds
- Shields
- Mark of Nurgle
- Full Command
- Banner of Rage
(Note: I was thinking of buying one more if this unit but I'm still unsure)
Need to be ALOT bigger. 18 minimum. And, preferably 2 units of them.

5x Chaos Warhounds
5x Chaos Warhounds
Good

20x Chaos Marauders
- Great Weapons
- Mark of Khorne
- Full Command
Again, need to be WAY bigger. 20 will not cut it. 40 minimum

2 x 5x Marauder Horsemen
- Mark of Nurgle
- Shields
- Light Armour
- Spear
- Musician
Id drop both of these units. There so expensive for what they do. There also not fast cav with both LA and Shields. Drop them for more warriors and Marauders.

Special (630)
2 x 5 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Nurgle
- Full Command
- Banner of Rage
It has already been metioned, you cannot take multiple magci items. Your GW is wrong. If your local manager said that, he should'nt be manager. I would condense them into one unit of 7-ish with MOK, or MOT and Balsted standard.

Rare (535)
x1 Hellcannon
good

2 x 3 Bile Troll of Chaos
Combine these into a unit of 6

Comment in red

thesheriff

Morax
17-08-2011, 17:18
page 172 in the small rule book under the title UNIQUE. Will tell you all about not being able to take multiples of the same magical item. Same page, title BALANCE OF POWER will tell you all about not being able to take multiple of the same type of magical item.

saruon
20-08-2011, 20:52
Thank you for your information. It seems that these stuff you were talking about is missing in my rulebook because of something. XD Therefore I dont have all the lores or magic items list. Also it seems that five of my knights and the juggy has been thrown in the trashcan so they are gone. :( I played a game recently trying a nurgle sorcerer and did more damage with that than any other game with the tzeentch. So I want to go mono Nurgle and need help with that. I have not bought the trolls yet but 12 more Warriors so please give tips for a mono Nurgle army and if you mention items from the common magic please mention their cost in points and effects. Thank you :D

mhauben
23-08-2011, 18:40

So you say I need numbers? Which needs more first? The marauders or warriors?

dont rely on that store too much then ;)

saruon
24-08-2011, 19:11
Made a new list but it's only 986 pts and wanted your opinion on that.

Heroes (185)
x1 Festus the Leechlord

Core (801)
x12 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Nurgle
- Halberds
- Shields
- Full Command
- Banner of Rage
(Note: Festus will go with this unit)

x12 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Nurgle
- Shields
- Full Command
- Blasted Standard

x20 Chaos Marauders
- Mark of Khorne
- Great Weapons
- Full Command

x5 Chaos Warhounds

x5 Chaos Warhounds

thesheriff
24-08-2011, 20:02
dont rely on that store too much then ;)

Doesnt everyone who reads this section of the site rely on Warseer too much. Me included.

All he is doing is relying on regulars and veterans. thats what most of us do, exept we do it on an international scale using computer.

On the list;

Id be tempted to turn 6 of the warriors in the second unit into 19 marauders. And combine the warrior unit to one unit of 18.

thesheriff

saruon
24-08-2011, 21:51
Ok, the only problem with that is that GW only sells the marauders in 16-packs. :(

thesheriff
24-08-2011, 22:26
Buy an extra box and have some left over?

Or, two battalions would give you two extra warriors and some knights.

Or, some interesting unit fillers. 50x50mm with a warhound and a marauder.