PDA

View Full Version : Terror charge?

Kalivos
15-08-2011, 07:04
Hi all,

I'm new to Warhammer Fantasy and I have a couple questions about units with terror and charging. My wife and I have been practicing with the Island of Blood boxset, so I'll just base it off that.

If my Prince on the Griffin charges a unit of say, clan rats, how would the chain of events play out? The way we have been doing it that I complete the charge then they take their leadership test in the close combat phase to find out if they stay or flee. This seems wrong because then if they fail and break from a panic test we have been doing the 2d6 overrun test. As far as I can tell that is incorrect.

What I'm thinking is that they are supposed to test right after I declare the charge and then stay/flee based on that (perhaps giving me the chance to redirect?). So therefore I wouldn't be able to overrun them, correct? If they pass the test they suffer no ill effects then, correct? (As they are not fear or terror causing)

Thanks!

Yrrdead
15-08-2011, 07:18
Take a look at pg 78. This lays out the rules for terror pretty succinctly.

A charge declaration by a Terror causer forces an immediate panic test like you were thinking.

Kalivos
15-08-2011, 07:26
Thank you very much for a fast reply! Just... Don't tell my wife I was accidentally cheating...;)

Artiee
15-08-2011, 15:24
Not sure why GW put a griffin in the starter box. But you are playing with more points then your wife is. The Prince on a griffin can't come into play until 1400 pts. I usally play it as a Noble on a great Eagle.

popisdead
16-08-2011, 19:56
Don't tell my wife I was accidentally cheating...;)

But that's the best kind of cheating :P