PDA

View Full Version : mounted vampire lord with blood drinker

meanmachine
15-08-2011, 09:13
if a lord is mounted on a dragon or terrorghiest and he inflicts 4 wounds how many wounds can he restore to each of them.

a really experienced vampire player i know say only 1 each max.

Loopstah
15-08-2011, 10:05
I assume you have armed him with the Blood Drinker?

It says you restore a wound for each wound caused as if IoN had been cast on the bearer/unit.

As IoN can only restore 1 wound to a vampire or non-infantry unit per casting then I would agree with the one wound for each.

Mid'ean
15-08-2011, 10:47
Actually 4. Key word here is each. Each wound caused restores as per IoN. Each wound. So technically 4 wounds=4 castings =4 restored wounds. That's the way it has always been played. That's what makes it so deadly in a unit of Bloodknights.

meanmachine
15-08-2011, 10:52
Actually 4. Key word here is each. Each wound caused restores as per IoN. Each wound. So technically 4 wounds=4 castings =4 restored wounds. That's the way it has always been played. That's what makes it so deadly in a unit of Bloodknights.

im not sure, if it works that way then you could restore upto 24 wounds on skeletons, that cant be correct

warplock
15-08-2011, 11:18
im not sure, if it works that way then you could restore upto 24 wounds on skeletons, that cant be correct

How could you restore 24 wounds to skeletons? It doesn't say 'each wound caused restores wounds to the unit as if IoN was cast on them'. It says that each wound caused restores ONE wound as if IoN was cast on them.

Considering everything I've read about Bloodknight deathstars on Carpe Noctem and on here mentions the fact that the vampire can revive multiple Knights per turn due to that wording, I'm dubious as to whether your friend is 'really experienced' :angel:

meanmachine
15-08-2011, 11:45
Considering everything I've read about Bloodknight deathstars on Carpe Noctem and on here mentions the fact that the vampire can revive multiple Knights per turn due to that wording, I'm dubious as to whether your friend is 'really experienced' :angel:

he has played for over 10 years and he goes to multiple throne of skulls tournaments

Falkman
15-08-2011, 11:46
Agree with Mid'ean and warplock, each attack counts as a separate casting so for each wound you do you can heal your vampire or monster mount. So 4 wounds done = 4 wounds healed.

warplock
15-08-2011, 11:51
he has played for over 10 years and he goes to multiple throne of skulls tournaments

OK, then I was wrong to insinuate he may not be experienced, but nevertheless he has misread / not realised the implications of the actual wording of the rules for blood drinker.

Tregar
15-08-2011, 12:02
I often find lots of people with 10 years of experience often get the rules wrong, thinking back to previous editions, or confusing the huge numbers of rules swimming around in their head, as your friend has done. It sounds like he isn't too willing to be convinced by mere wording, thinking his own decree on the rules is more important. So, don't listen to him.

Going to multiple throne of skulls tournaments means about as much as working in a GW store when it comes to knowing the rules. My worst opponent for rules was probably a GW opponent in a ToS tournament!

Mercules
15-08-2011, 13:56

Which means exactly nothing if he can't be bothered to think.

To quote Aldous Huxley:

"Experience teaches only the teachable."

meanmachine
15-08-2011, 14:00
Which means exactly nothing if he can't be bothered to think.

To quote Aldous Huxley:

"Experience teaches only the teachable."

ok then i get that playing vampire in tournaments for long time means nothing.

please can we stick to thee thread though

so atm most people here say that every wound the vampire inflicts will restore a wound to himself, his mount and other squad members if there are any

Tregar
15-08-2011, 14:07
Well, not all at once if that's what you're asking!

Mercules
15-08-2011, 14:31
ok then i get that playing vampire in tournaments for long time means nothing.

please can we stick to thee thread though

so atm most people here say that every wound the vampire inflicts will restore a wound to himself, his mount and other squad members if there are any

For each wound the Vampire causes he can heal 1 wound on himself OR his mount OR his squad.

You would probably get better answers if you posted clearly in English as we might be able to understand you. Right now it sound as if you are saying each component of that unit gets a wound restored for each wound caused, which is not the case.