PDA

View Full Version : Ork Savage and magical armour

Godgolden
15-08-2011, 13:19
hey guys i was wondering (having looking over the related books) can a Savage Orc Warboss/bigboss take magical suits of armour?

Seems alittle wierd if you can.

Tregar
15-08-2011, 13:28
Yes you can, and yes, it is a bit weird. Anyone can take magic armour, except Wizards (excepting exceptions ;) ).

sulla
15-08-2011, 19:34
hey guys i was wondering (having looking over the related books) can a Savage Orc Warboss/bigboss take magical suits of armour?

Seems alittle wierd if you can.Bosses should never be limited by what their minions can achieve.

StormCrow
16-08-2011, 10:19

Seems alittle wierd if you can.

Heavy armour doesn't have to be made of metal. Picture this if you will:

A savage orc wearing the dismembered carcass of a Galapagos Turtle on his chest...

It could potentially be the most epic conversion ever.

Alathir
16-08-2011, 12:57
Heavy armour doesn't have to be made of metal. Picture this if you will:

A savage orc wearing the dismembered carcass of a Galapagos Turtle on his chest...

It could potentially be the most epic conversion ever.

I did as you said. I pictured it.

And I thank you.

Dux
16-08-2011, 14:12
Yes you can, and yes, it is a bit weird. Anyone can take magic armour, except Wizards (excepting exceptions ;) ).

If a character has access to non-magical armor (or wears it already), he has access to magical.
If he can't have non-magical armor he can't have magical too.

Afaik there is no rule anymore preventing wizards from having armor (that was 7th). Except that most can't have nonmagical armor.

Tregar
16-08-2011, 14:41
What? No. you've just described how 7th edition magic armour rules work. My post describes 8th edition, and is correct. Want a page number?

Artiee
17-08-2011, 19:59
BRB pg 500, Magic Items, Magical Interference. Wizards can not have magical armor unless armor is part of his standard equipment or a option for normal armor.

NTJ2010
18-08-2011, 06:18
Artiee is correct, if the wizard has armor or access to normal armor then they have access to magical armor. Otherwise no magical armor.

Savage Orc shamans cannot take magical armour.

Mr_Rose
18-08-2011, 10:00
Artiee is correct, if the wizard has armor or access to normal armor then they have access to magical armor. Otherwise no magical armor.

Savage Orc shamans cannot take magical armour.
Who was talking about shamans? Certainly not the OP who wanted to know if his warboss could take magic armourů.:eyebrows:

Tregar
18-08-2011, 11:37
But he's wearing the Wizard's Hat, obviously ;)

(I guess if he was wearing the Wizard's Hat, he couldn't take magical armour, assuming there was a way of getting magic armour on top of the Hat!)

Godgolden
18-08-2011, 16:19
Huh... right well cheers guys, the turtle thing is indeed.. exceptionally amusing.

sulla
18-08-2011, 18:50
But he's wearing the Wizard's Hat, obviously ;)

(I guess if he was wearing the Wizard's Hat, he couldn't take magical armour, assuming there was a way of getting magic armour on top of the Hat!)If he's a warboss, wearing the wizards hat, and he can somehow get extra magic items, he is allowed to buy magical armour because he is allowed a mundane shield, which is mundane armour.