PDA

View Full Version : Disk of Tzeentch

The Other
15-08-2011, 13:41
I have just bought my first Sorcerer on Disk of Tzeentch :) , and i was wondering about some of the rules related to it.

Does a Hero mounted on one count as Monstrous cavalry? and do any of the other aligned mounts count as Monstrous Cavalry mounts , e.g the Steed of Slaneesh or a Palanquin.

And so therefore it allows me to put the guy on in disk in a unit of chaos trolls?

Thanks in advance, i would really like this cleared up in my mind. :(

hamsterwheel
15-08-2011, 13:46
The book tells you to treat them all as Cavalry, however the FAQ/Errata for WOC tells you to use whatever troop type is listed in the BRB and to ignore the paragraph telling you to treat them as Cavalry. The BRB places the disc as a warbeast making anyone mounting it standard Cavalry even though it's on a 50x50 base.

The Other
15-08-2011, 13:49
The book tells you to treat them all as Cavalry, however the FAQ/Errata for WOC tells you to use whatever troop type is listed in the BRB and to ignore the paragraph telling you to treat them as Cavalry. The BRB places the disc as a warbeast making anyone mounting it standard Cavalry even though it's on a 50x50 base.

Thanks for that reply (really fast too!)

So therefore i cannot put them in trolls? and do they get the monster reaction table thing if the hero is killed before?

Mercules
15-08-2011, 13:50
What does the BRB say?

If we check the Bestiary on Pg. 489 it tells us that the Disk is *****. So when mounted a ***** becomes +++++. It's rather simple. Apply that to the other possible mounts.

Mercules
15-08-2011, 13:53

So therefore i cannot put them in trolls? and do they get the monster reaction table thing if the hero is killed before?

You could put it into a Troll unit. You could put a normal character on foot who is Infantry into a Troll Unit. He just won't get LoS! unless his Troop Type matches, which, BTW Monstrous Cavalry does not match so even if you mounted him on a Monstrous Beast he could still not get Look out Sir!

The Other
15-08-2011, 13:58
Thanks for that. How would you then recomend i babysit the trolls to prevent the stupidity?

hamsterwheel
15-08-2011, 13:59

Monster reaction tests are typically only for Monster mounts or some unique mounts with special rules.

Since the disc dies when the rider dies, no test is possible.

T10
15-08-2011, 14:16
Thanks for that. How would you then recomend i babysit the trolls to prevent the stupidity?

Use a regular character with a fast mount and don't sweat it with the template weapons.

Glen_Savet
15-08-2011, 15:08
Alternatively, keep them within 12 inches of your general.

Yrrdead
15-08-2011, 19:14
I wouldn't recommend putting him with the trolls though as movement will be a major issue. More so than stupidity.

The restrictions for joining units are laid out on page 97.

Kharn_21
16-08-2011, 19:38
Different question related to the disk:

Can a model on a disk wield a halberd?

popisdead
16-08-2011, 19:48
Alternatively, keep them within 12 inches of your general.

As well as your BSB for extra help. Or take Throgg (and a BSB).

If it is in the unit entry for the model that can ride the disk, then yes. Being on a Disk does not negate using a Halberd (or gaining it's benefits).

Mercules
16-08-2011, 20:52

Simple answer that is also a question, "Why couldn't it?"

Avian
17-08-2011, 07:02

Yes. Much easier than if you are on a horse too.

Kharn_21
17-08-2011, 18:16
One of my gaming buddies argued that you couldn't bc the disc is a mount. I feel the same as you guys but wanted to be sure

Thank you

Yrrdead
17-08-2011, 18:35
Your buddy is wrong.

The only limitations to weapons related to mounts are AHW. Which are on foot only.

Halberds (and all other weapons) have no such limitation.

See page 88-91

Avian
17-08-2011, 19:59
Not only is it legal, it is recommended! ;)

NTJ2010
18-08-2011, 07:11
The only restricted weapons, to my knowledge, at all are Lances and Additional Hand Weapons. Lances are mounted only and AHW are not for mounted people at all (save for Savage Orc Boar Boyz because of a special rule).

The only other weapon related stuff that is of interest that changes is Spears completely change between on foot and mounted, and shields lose parry when mounted.

Kharn_21
18-08-2011, 18:58
Thanks guys

Mage
20-08-2011, 15:53
One of my gaming buddies argued that you couldn't bc the disc is a mount. I feel the same as you guys but wanted to be sure

Thank you

I think your friend is getting confused with an old rule from an old edition of the game...