PDA

View Full Version : Unit sizes/formations for Dryads

Time of Madness
15-08-2011, 19:28
8th edition has brought a lot of changes to the way wood elves are played. I use to run units of 8 dryads, however they are now too small to get a across the table.

What sizes/formations are best for dryads this edition?

I'm thinking units of 16 (8X2) or 12 (6X2) are the best. Opinions?
Time of Madness

PurpleSun
15-08-2011, 19:34
I have started running units of 20 in a 7x7x6 formation. I also generally put in a Branchwraith with Annoyance of Netlings to give it a nice even 7 wide 3 deep formation. If you can find some woods to plant this unit in, they are great when stubborn.

It should be noted that I am moving towards a straight forest spirit list, so if you are using elves also, you may need to go with smaller units.

RanaldLoec
15-08-2011, 20:46
I use between 12 to 14, it keeps the unit small enough to move around unhindered by its size and large enough to take a few casualties.

popisdead
16-08-2011, 20:07
I use 8 as a support protector unit often taking 3 units of them. In Forests they are Stubborn (so handy even when you have one left). Or keep them from Ambushing Skaven or flying charcters. Really helps protect my two GG units.

However for combat I think 14 (init 6 is pretty handy) is a good place to start.