PDA

View Full Version : Possible cannon fodder based Skaven RPG?

Tanith Ghost
09-04-2006, 07:20
I recently had a brainstorm for an RPG- what if the object of the RPG was to foul up in a funny/comic way to advance the story?

In this case, skaven attacking a castle, but fumbling every aspect of the attack and only getting in by sheer luck.

The kind of character I'd be looking for here would be a hero choice, with a good supply of underlings to kill off(everyone would have a unit of 20 or so to command).

The only rule besides the madatory 'no god characters' and 'no killing other players' would be for every post you make, you or an underling has to foul up
and get a skaven killed. For example, a gutter runner going to stab a sentry tripping on his way down the steps and knocking both himself and his target off the wall.

Commander X
10-04-2006, 16:15
Although this idea sounds amusing hilarious enough to work for a while, I think there would be a problem when we run out of original ways to kill persons. After that it might get boring, but untill that, it is sure to be fun.

Count me (and my two dozen underlings) in. ;)

biggreengribbly
10-04-2006, 16:34
You think it's hard to come up with unique ways to kill people off? Have you SEEN the 'final destination' series? Now that's some interesting ways to kill people off.

Count me in. I'll find coming up with new ways to kill skaven a challenge :)

Commander X
10-04-2006, 17:17
*Slaps self*

I haven't seen that, but I do have: "The book of Suicide Bunnies", and "The Return of the Suicide Bunnies" If I can adapt them to be more 'accidental', rather than 'suicidal', I have over a hundred different ways to sadistically kill of Skaven-sized things...:evilgrin:

biggreengribbly
10-04-2006, 17:20
Lol, then your job is far easier than mine lol. Should be fun though.

Which skaven type to kill in amusing ways though!

C. Langana
14-04-2006, 12:58
So the idea is for every turn you take, one of your skaven dies until you run out of skaven?
That sounds too good. I'm in.

Rathgar
14-04-2006, 13:23
I’d be up for it, never RPed online before though, so take it easy on me. :p

gathering_darkness
14-04-2006, 15:35
I'm up for this sounds great, and i too have the suicide bunnies books, brilliantly hilarious, though i'll try not to use them for this.

McGonigle
15-04-2006, 00:06
Sounds interesting, although I assume that one dead skaven per post is a minimum.:evilgrin:

Also since it's a siege of a castle, would a few posts be left at the start to put into place the 'fiendish' plots before sending our minions of to die horribly?

Tanith Ghost
15-04-2006, 00:21
Yes, one dead rat is the minimum. The skaven army will be enjoying a 100:1 advantage, so rats will be buying it left and right.

And yes, there will be time to scheme before the crap hits the fan.:evilgrin:

gathering_darkness
17-04-2006, 16:04
cool, how do we decide what everyone has? ie Storm Vermin, Gutter runners, slaves, clanrats etc.. Or do we just get what we want?

Tanith Ghost
17-04-2006, 16:08
You pretty much just pick what you want, a take several dozen, that you can throw away at your leisure, e.g. a plaugue preist leading monks moves down a hallway lined with torches. one of the monks in the back farts near a torch and explodes.

I think this has gathered enough intrest for a recruitment thread. :)