Great Cannon- 100pts
Great Cannon- 100pts
Great Cannon- 100pts
Mortar- 75pts
Mortar- 75pts
Mortar- 75pts

Morax
16-08-2011, 19:13
You need some engineers, I try to field one for every 3 war machines I put on the table. Deploy them in batteries of 3 warmachines and an engineer and you will see most of the game go by before a misfire sticks. To get the points I would drop the Handgunners completely. With 4 other banners plus the bsb, blood and glory won't be a problem and the mortars will kill what ever the handgunners were going to shoot at anyway. You can then take some of the left over points and get a Vanhorstmann's on the archlector, gives him even more flexability.

Algovil
16-08-2011, 22:54
Nice list, looks different from the usual Empire list.

I guess you put the BSB and AL in the horde of Greatswords, and a WP in each unit of Halberdiers?

The AL and the WPs does not look survivable at all, but sure, they give you a lot of dispell dice for the first few rounds.

Dropping the Handgunners and getting Engineers for the points sounds like a good idea. But what is Nuln army without Handgunners?

I would instead question what the points is with a unit of 10 knights? Knights do very well in my army, they are very survivable and fast, but get bogged down easily and do not always contribute to the battle IMO. That unit is quite expensive. Only 10 models, lose 1 single guy and you lose the ability to break ranks. But they sure are strong on the flank vs most units, though they can only be at one place at any given time. I would probably drop them. Or maybe, make the unit smaller, I do not know, 5 with musician and flaming banner? While you have a lot of cannons you might still have problem with regenerating monsters, a flaming banner on the handgunners or on crossbowmen would do wonder, but since you need a GOTE, not that great of an idea, hm.

What about:

Drop the knights

Get 2 Master Engineers, no items

Would it be better to split the handgunners into 2 units 10 strong each? You can not use them as detachments, since you need the points for core though...

Instead of a lvl2 wizard, you could get 2 lvl1s, problably weaker overall, but I like the idea of redundacy, and you will probably only use them to toss fireballs at monsters, since you can not be sure to get any other spells, I would go for several low level wizards instead. You will lose +1 to cast and dispell. But keep the Bright Wizards away from your troops and toss a lot of dice, that is the way they should be used :P And with +4 DD you still stand a chance to stop a lot of things, might be troublesome in later phases if you lose your DD, but without a lvl4 this could be a nice thing to try IMHO.

That leaves you with 145 points I think. You can equip the AL with thoose point, I like this build:

Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Holy Relic, VHS.

212 points if I recall, lots of points, but very nice setup IMO.

You can not go wrong with the Dawnstone on the BSB, instead of the biting blade.

66 points left

Hm you could go crazy with another Fire Wizard.

But the wisest would probably be to use your setup with a lvl2 with Rod of Power, and a backup lvl1.

Character Heavy, yes, but still looks strong to me.

Good shooting, and good chances of taking out monsters, etc the first 2 turns. Protect warmachines with Handgunners and fireballs. No fast units, but do you really need that with all that shooting.

When you hit close combat, your units are big and the characters are survivable which mean they will lend support for more then just one turn.

The list would then be:

Lords

Arch Lector, Heavy Armour, GW, Holy Relic, VHS - 212pts

Heroes

Battle Wizard, Level 2, Lore of Fire, Rod of Power- 130pts
Battle Wizard, Level 1, Lore of Fire
Warrior Priest, Heavy Armor, Shield- 96pts
Warrior Priest, Heavy Armor, Shield- 96pts
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Captain, BSB, AoMI, Dawnstone- 125pts

Core

49 Halberds, Full Command- 265pts

49 Halberds, Full Command- 265pts

20x Handgunners, Full Command- 180pts

Special

38x Greatswords, Full Command- 410pts

Great Cannon- 100pts
Great Cannon- 100pts
Great Cannon- 100pts
Mortar- 75pts
Mortar- 75pts
Mortar- 75pts

Darn, 2 many points in Hereos, well drop the Dawnstone, use the biting blade, use those few points, for something. Longest...post......ever.....must.... stop.......writ