PDA

View Full Version : Half Term Painting Blog.

Transplant
09-04-2006, 13:20
Hey Iím Transplant and this is my half term painting blog. Two weeks 4 Items Empire Militia, Slann Mage Priest, Sisters of Sigmar and Bertha Bestraufrung. Why???? Been a long time reader of the P&T section and thought I would contribute to the reading material on the site. I apologise now for the spelling and grammar I am an Art Student:angel: . C&Cís welcome canít please everybody, but I hope you guys like it. My Reasons for picking the models:

Slann Mage Priest: always wanted to paint one of these and itís an awesome model and no matter what colours you paint it, it still comings out stunning. Iím going to go with box colours because thatís the colour of my lizardmen army. Car'nt wait:p

Empire Militia: Who doesnít like this box set its one of my favourite regiment and the possibilities are endless and this is going to be a fun learning exercise for my. Increasing my knowledge of painting skin (beards, stubble, tattoos, and scars) and I just want a really cool looking regiment. Each 1 is going to have his own personality when made/painted theyíre all going to be converted in some way to look like militia.

Sisters of Sigmar: Just started playing Mordhiem again after 6 years (such a cool game) and looking at the warbandís all so cool but it was a close tie for the carnival of chaos or Sisters of Sigmar. You know what I chose. Girls with hammers what could go wrong? I donít like that large girl leading them no to scary so I got Bertha Bestraufrung leading them, that is scary (in game terms she not a S.C) and there all going to be painting the same way as Bertha. The concludes my intro updates A.S.A.P:)

Transplant
09-04-2006, 15:20
Okay the Slann is built. that was a strugle it just wouldnt sit on top the flaying base and is at an angle, a pinning job to be done. lookign at the detail i really cart wait to paint it il try and get a base coat on it tonight.
so while im waiting for the Slann to dry iv started on the militia.
updates soon.

chuckyhol
09-04-2006, 19:22
Cool! I eagerly await the next update. I love the empire plastics. Good luck!

tzeentchgiant
09-04-2006, 21:32
Hmmm, I can't say much for the modelling, but the painting is amazing, I love the way the black sits on the models, how it covers all the areas, some I didn't even know existed :eek:.

Kudos, now get back to work :p.

TG

Transplant
10-04-2006, 12:28
I manged to find my old WFR models. 1 is of a pirate and 1 is a gambeling bodyguard. The milita are going to be converted to look sorta like them.

tzeentchgiant
10-04-2006, 13:29
Great freehand, especially on that card :cool:. Some of the modelling could be cleaned up a little though, it seems the standard has been bashed around a bit.

TG

HiredSword.
10-04-2006, 14:41
you've obviously got skills from the paint jobs on those but try more shades as some of the clothes look a little flat but i have full faith in you making some nice looking models.