PDA

View Full Version : 2200 pts Greenskins

Avian
17-08-2011, 20:24
It's for a tournament coming up. There are essentially no comp restrictions other than no Folding Fortress or Power Scroll. The Rare of the list stays as-is, but the rest is changeable to a large extent, provided I have it painted or have the minis and can get it painted in two and a half weeks. ;)

Anyways:

Characters (347)
Orc Great Shaman, lvl 4
- Earthing Rod
Black Orc BSB
- shield

Core (629)
30 Orc Big 'Uns
- ahw
- full command
48 Night Goblins
- nets
- standard, musician
5 Wolf Riders
- bows
5 Wolf Riders
- spears, bows

Special (700)
8 Trolls
18 Black Orcs
- shields
- standard, musician
3 Squigs + 3 Herders
3 Squigs + 3 Herders
Wolf Chariot
Wolf Chariot

Rare (520)
Arachnarok Spider
Rock Lobber
Doom Diver
Manglers

Total: 2196 pts

Thoughts?

Jack of Blades
17-08-2011, 21:17
I don't really see the point of the Earthing Rod; merely re-rolling miscasts is not only not a guarantee that you'll end up with something harmless, it's also questionable in that hardly anything is harmless. I don't deny that it will work sometimes but I still don't like it.

Are you sure you need 2 units of wolf riders? what's the purpose of having two? I'd drop one of them and use those points to bulk up those Black Orcs, giving you three solid units and one steadfast horde. With more bodies you will have an easier time overwhelming the enemy's units which is what you wanna do. I'd also prefer that Big 'Un block to be 40 big but realise that you're short on points for that.

Algorath
18-08-2011, 12:29
Scrap the squigs; I like the idea, but you're not doing yourself any favors beyond distracting a round of shooting; use the points on another squad.

Is there a reason you have eight trolls? Six might do the trick, unless you expect alot of wounds early on, then ignore me.

Avian
19-08-2011, 12:41
Slight tweaking of the list. Squig Herds are 10+ models, so I've merged the two units into one of 6 Squigs + 4 Gobbos. Might be worth a laugh at 60 pts. Did some other minor changes (Chariots have extra crew as that's what the models have, Big 'Uns trade two guys for the banner of +1 Ld). I also traded in the wulfie units with spears for another three Black Orcs. Bah! Points. If only stuff were free I could have bigger units. Considering dropping the Squigs entirely for more Black Orcs. :shifty:

@ Algorath: I luvvz me eight Trolls. One of the best units in the list if you ask me and not too expensive at only 280 pts. I used to run 6, but found that they lost punch too quickly and so I upgraded to 8. Haven't regretted it for one moment.

Jack of Blades
19-08-2011, 14:37
I agree that 8 Trolls is good. Me I'd keep the Squigs for flavour :)

Jadawin
20-08-2011, 16:34
Personally I would ditch the rock lobber and beef up the big uns to 40, only reason being that at 30 (if you are hording them up) they lose attacks as soon as you lose a man. Although I have had no joy with O &G in 8th, I have really lost my mojo with them so I might not give the best advice!