PDA

View Full Version : Finecast Harlequins

Shamutanti
17-08-2011, 22:16
Got my mail order today for Finecast Striking Scorpions.

Can imagine my surprise when I opened it to find it was a box of Finecast Harlequins!

Never saw that coming.

MajorWesJanson
17-08-2011, 22:28
Well, they do strike without warning...

Grimtuff
17-08-2011, 22:32
How is this news exactly? Unless Harlies have not been made into Failcast yet..

MakWiesel
17-08-2011, 22:53
do you have any pics to support this suspect claim?

Shamutanti
17-08-2011, 23:04

They need a shadowseer normally though don't they? :P

And no Grim, Harlies apparently haven't been announced as Finecast yet. Except they obviously are now.

Just figured would pass this info on. I've got no pic. Mak, mainly because the camera upon my phone doesn't agree with concrete (stupid I know!)

Not a claim though, because I've got 'em. They came in a Striking Scorps box but they, well, obviously weren't Scorps!

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
17-08-2011, 23:10
do you have any pics to support this suspect claim?

What are, GW Quality Control? Do you think the OP goes around spreading misinformation about the contents of boxed sets he receives? Yowzer, lighten up.

Also, pics or it didn't happen.

Lars Porsenna
17-08-2011, 23:52
I have no reason to disbelieve the OP here...

But I bet someone over in GW is doing a facepalm right now...

How was the quality? Any improvement?

Damon.

Deamon-forge
17-08-2011, 23:59
we need a pic.

Jo-Jo
18-08-2011, 00:00
pics or it didn't happen.

Oh how we beg you for ANY pics...

Hokiecow
18-08-2011, 01:24
And no Grim, Harlies apparently haven't been announced as Finecast yet. Except they obviously are now.

It's old news.. well at least since last month, that Harlequins are in the next wave. It's just news that they are sending them out before announcing them in finecast.... or at least in Scorpion boxes :wtf:

Okuto
18-08-2011, 01:36
A pic would be nice, we all knew they were going to do it but pics would be helpful

ctsteel
18-08-2011, 01:47
Should we be worried that the quality of the cast was such that they couldn't tell the difference between a harlequin and a striking scorpion?

/bandwagon

luchog
18-08-2011, 01:47
Dunno about regular Harlequin troupes; but the Shadowseer and Death Jester have been on the Finecast site for a while.

Sephiroth
18-08-2011, 06:18
I did say Harlequins were in the next wave, along with the upcoming Warp Spiders and Howling Banshees.

Interestingly, Eldrad Ulthran is also now on the upcoming Finecast list, along with a few Space Marine Characters.

philbrad2
18-08-2011, 06:19
No news here moving to General

PhilB
++ WarSeer Moderation Team ++

Shamutanti
18-08-2011, 09:26
Ah, didn't realise this had been announced as up and coming, my bad on that one!

Just figured it was new n' stuff!

I've put one together and it was easier than the metals to build. Quality wise? Looks the same as the metal ones truth be told (I've got 10 of them so was easy to compare) and I can't see any noticible miscasts.

N3p3nth3
18-08-2011, 10:16
I did say Harlequins were in the next wave, along with the upcoming Warp Spiders and Howling Banshees.

Interestingly, Eldrad Ulthran is also now on the upcoming Finecast list, along with a few Space Marine Characters.

If the Yriel I ordered last week is failcast, there's going to be hell to pay. I like my spears to point the way I turn them... :)

jason_sation
18-08-2011, 20:04
I'm hoping this is a common mistake now! I want to open a Chimera box and have a Baneblade fall out!

t-tauri
18-08-2011, 21:21
A number of posts removed. Please post in accordance with the posting guidelines.

librerian_samae
18-08-2011, 21:23
Well I for one am not offended for you taking your time to inform people about something they might not have heard about (like me for one).

Anyway I hope you managed to get the striking scorpions you wanted in the end, or if not that you were happy with the harlequins you found in your box.

It does seem however that this really does add evidence to the supposed lack of quality control from where they are shipped, now weather this is from stress of too many orders or from lack of trained staff/ staff who are not familiar enough with the product, who knows, hopefully things get sorted out soon.

IronWarhorse
19-08-2011, 00:40
I opened a Space Marine Battleforce last week and instead of getting a Rhino, Scouts, Tac Squad and Assault squad the box had Scouts, Rhino and 5 Assault Sqaud sprues, sadly only 1 jump back but oh well... now my army has lots of dynamic running legs lol.

Theolla
19-08-2011, 01:17

I admit it... I laughed.

And c'mon! You can't post a message like that without pics... :p I don't play Eldar, but I do think the harlequins are pretty neat: fluff, model and all.

Santtu
19-08-2011, 01:28
I opened a Space Marine Battleforce last week and instead of getting a Rhino, Scouts, Tac Squad and Assault squad the box had Scouts, Rhino and 5 Assault Sqaud sprues, sadly only 1 jump back but oh well... now my army has lots of dynamic running legs lol.

Lucky Sister of Battle.

Shamutanti
19-08-2011, 18:00

That's pretty amazing! :D