PDA

View Full Version : 500 point conflict Dwarves to go with combat Ogre army

Epistolary
09-04-2006, 14:40
500 points of "shooty" dwarves to pair with 500 combat based ogre army for conflict North

Mater Engineer
Handgun
Rune of Warding -Unit gains +1 magic resistance
Rune of Stone -+1 armour save so 3+ overall

2 x 10 Thunderers

Organ Gun with Rune of Reloading -Can fire every turn even if rolled a misfire

So the engineer cant benefit the organ gun so basically entrenches it, shoots his BS 5 handgun and provides a helping hand in combat (defended obstacle remember) so enemy only hits on a 6+

The thunderers and organ gun have a 24 inch range so will be in range within the 1st or second turn depending on who goes first and the ogres basically run forwarded hurting stuff with their stomachs lol

Any suggestions???

ROCKY
09-04-2006, 15:15
Are you playing using warband rules or regular army rule? also I would give your thunderers shields. so that they can actually defend themselves if charged.

Stouty
09-04-2006, 15:20
Can't rune up organ guns, they're too new and haven't been tested enough.

Consider quarellers insteaqd of thunderers, they have an extra 6" of range that means they don't have to move around to get longbowmen like wood elves. Also even with shields they're a point less a model than thunderers which means they can be pretty compitent in combat (4+ save in combat, T-4) .Remember the master engineer can't do anything for your organ gun. Pick up a runesmith.

ROCKY
09-04-2006, 16:17
Can't rune up organ guns, they're too new and haven't been tested enough.

Consider quarellers insteaqd of thunderers, they have an extra 6" of range that means they don't have to move around to get longbowmen like wood elves. Also even with shields they're a point less a model than thunderers which means they can be pretty compitent in combat (4+ save in combat, T-4) .Remember the master engineer can't do anything for your organ gun. Pick up a runesmith.
Good suggestions, but I would recommend a thane, fights better and is cheaper. I would also think that he should take both, thunderers and crossbowmen, I mean come on +1 to hit and -2armor saves? I'll bite:p