PDA

View Full Version : My entire WoC army so far.

gormthegreat
18-08-2011, 17:53
Chaos lord w/ MoT, Daemonic steed, aether sword, Crown of eternal conquest, shield, Soporific musk.

Sorcerer Lord, Lvl 4 w/ MoT, Chaos steed, Golden eye of tzeentch, Favour of the gods, Blood of Tzeentch, Crimson Armour of Dargan, Word of agony.

Sorcerer, Lvl 2 w/ MoN, Stream of corruption.

Sorcerer, Lvl 2 w/ MoN, Conjoined Homunculus.
(both sorcerers are kitted out with dispell scrolls unless playing my friends dwarfs)

Exalted Hero "Harry" w/ MoT, Shield, Acid ichor, BSB; BotG's or Doom totem.

12 warriors w/ Full Command, Shields, MoN, War banner.

12 warriors w/ Full Command, Shields, MoN, Festering shroud.

20 Marauders w/ Full Command, Shields, MoK.

20 Marauders w/ Full command, Flails, Light armour, MoK

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

10 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Shields, spears, Throwing spears, Full command, MoK.

12 Chosen w/ MoK, Addn Hand Weapom, Full Command, Rapturous Standard, Champ has Sword of battle.

5 Knights w/ Full command, MoT, Blasted Standard.

5 Knights w/ Full Command, MoK, Banner of Wrath.

Giant w/ MoT.

My only opponents are Dwarfs or ogres. haven't used 8th edition yet. So would appreciate any insight into how the changes have affected WoC and what things people think I should lean towards when making my lists.

This is just shy of 4000pts, The normal size of our games has tendedto be around the 2k mark.
Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Eta
18-08-2011, 22:31
The first hint I can give you is that the listed Chaos Lord is illegal because he has 105 points of magic items. You have to drop the Favour of the Gods to hit the limit of 100 points.

gormthegreat
18-08-2011, 23:16
Whoops edited. cheers. wasn't supposed to be there.

The Other
19-08-2011, 08:54
in 8th, trolls and throgg are a worry for any enemy. Trolls become core with throgg, they get to attack in 2 ranks without penalty and in ranks of 3, combined with a stomp they are really rather deadly. Having only 12 power dice maximum to use overall means that having three sorcerers isnt really worth it, id probably just go for two but its your choice.

Dux
19-08-2011, 09:18
Sorcerer, Lvl 2 w/ MoN, Stream of corruption.

Sorcerer, Lvl 2 w/ MoN, Conjoined Homunculus.
(both sorcerers are kitted out with dispell scrolls unless playing my friends dwarfs)

you can only have 1 dispell scroll in your army now

every infantry unit you have should be bigger in 8ths. 20 marauders is very small. I play mine 40-50.
Warriors and Chosen I would go 18 or 20.

gormthegreat
19-08-2011, 12:41
So looking at 2000pts would you say 2x 15 Nurgle warriors and 2x 40 marauders (~1000pts) is a good idea or would you go more special/rare? i would be using atleast 1 unit of 5 knights also. I am limited by the amount of modelsi posess. if i wanted to use such large blocks of marauders i would need to buy some more. and i have a total of 36 warriors (3x12, using 1 as chosen.)

Would i be right in thinking that nurgle becomes much better value for money given the new rules for shooting and the extra attacks in CC? It's good coz that's how my warriors are painted up.

Dux
19-08-2011, 17:26
lvl4
exalted
2*18 warriors MoN shields CSM
40 Marauders twohanded weapons MoK
5 Knights MoK

This leaves you with ~450 points to spend on items on the characters and additional units. I don't have time to make a complete list, but this one should be a good base.

Eta
20-08-2011, 08:32
Would i be right in thinking that nurgle becomes much better value for money given the new rules for shooting and the extra attacks in CC? It's good coz that's how my warriors are painted up.

In fact, Nurgle is the in my opinion the worst mark in 8th. Tzeentch (with shields) and Khorne (with halberds) are much more efficient for their points.

gormthegreat
20-08-2011, 15:08
Thanks for all the input, i'll take it all into consideration.