Rare
hell cannon- 205
Any feedback would be nice

michaells
21-08-2011, 06:13
Why no feedback people need to know if its a good list

thesheriff
21-08-2011, 06:59
First of all, remove individual points costs.

Second; why do you only have 11 Marauders. If you want them to do anything, they need to be bigger.

Also, why have you put the magic banner on your bsb that could go in the warriors unit he's joining? He could then take some defensive kit to keep him ticking.

And your warriors. Not sure what frontage your taking. But regardless, seems too many in one unit. I would either;
*split the 51pts of warriors into two units of 18, with halberds and MOK, and then put the rest of your points on more Marauders
*Drop your Marauders abd get 3 units of 18 frontage MOK warriors with halberds.

Also, why do you need 2 chaos lords? 1 is sufficient, and a sorcerer lord would really help you. As opposed to 2 lower level mages.

thesheriff

TheOneHawk
21-08-2011, 10:10
^ that. Also, too many characters in general. I'd drop both chaos lords personally. Unless you really, really want that Ld9, an exalted is nearly as good for way cheaper.

Warhounds. I feel like a broken record saying this in every thread, and maybe I'm overstating their usefulness a bit (I'm not the best by a long shot, listen to Sheriff before me for sure) but imo you -need- warhounds. They screen, flank, warmachine hunt, redirect, and are a general pain in the ass for your opponent, for 30 points. 1% of your army. I use 2 units of 5 at 1250 but I'm probably overdoing it because I love those things.

Also, on the one lord, Vashnar (entertainingly the name of a GM/god in an MUD I used to play) why do you have armour of Morrslieb and the crown of everlasting conquest. You can't use both a ward and regenerate against the same wound, and while both of them have times when they'll not work (flaming/magic) it's kind of overkill to pay for it twice on the off chance you'll get to use one when the other fails.

michaells
21-08-2011, 14:41
Ok thanks im working on my new list now thanks for the help guys

michaells
21-08-2011, 23:03
3000 point army list heres my new list
Lords

Malkia lord of destruction (chaos lord)
Juggernaut
Chaos rune sword
Chaos rune shield
Acid ichor
Mok

Sorcerer lord
Lvl 4
Mot
Chaos steed
Talisman of preservation
Spell familiar
Healing potion
Third eye of tzeentch
Conjoined homunculus
Biting blade

Heroes

Exalted bsb
Bsb
Shield
Mon
Armor of damnation
Bloodcurdling roar

Core

Chaos warriorsx18
Mok
Halberds
Shield
Blasted standard
Fc

Chaos warriorsx18
Mok
Halberds
Shield
Fc

Chaos warhoundsx5

Chaos warhoundsx5

Chaos maraudersx40
Shields
Light armor
Fc
Mok

Special

Chaos knightsx10
Fc
Mon

Rare
hellcannon

Jack of Blades
21-08-2011, 23:46
This looks better. I personally wouldn't bother with the Blasted Standard on a unit of Chaos Warriors when you have two - your opponent will just shoot the other one or shoot something else entirely, like the Knights. Use the points you save on dropping it to split your Knights into two units (since you will need points to mark the second unit). I'd also drop Acid Ichor, it's just really bad - replace it with the Stream of Corruption for a mildly useful but at least useful gift.

michaells
22-08-2011, 00:45
k thanks i appreciate the help

michaells
22-08-2011, 01:01
3000 point army list my improved army list thanks for the help yall
Lords
Malkia lord of destruction (chaos lord)
Juggernaut
Chaos rune sword
Chaos rune shield
Steam of corruption
Mok

Sorcerer lord
Lvl 4
Mot
Chaos steed
Talisman of preservation
Spell familiar
Healing potion
Third eye of tzeentch
Conjoined homunculus
Biting blade

Heroes
Exalted bsb
Bsb
Shield
Mon
Armor of damnation
Bloodcurdling roar
Favor of the gods

Core
Chaos warriorsx18
Mok-30
Halberds-18
Shield-18
Fc-20

Chaos warriorsx18
Mok
Halberds
Shield
Fc

Chaos warhoundsx5

Chaos warhoundsx5

Chaos maraudersx40
Shields
Light armor
Fc
Mok

Special
Chaos knightsx5
Fc
Mon

Chaos knightsx5
Mon

Rare
hell cannon

michaells
22-08-2011, 01:08
I also got a question could anyone give me any advice for fighting high elves because this will be the primary army i will be playing against

grhino
22-08-2011, 08:13
I would never spend so many points on characters. You pretty much gave them every possible upgrade they can get - but do these serve a purpose in your battleplan or would you be better off having units instead? Always ask yourself that question!

SlayerMonka
22-08-2011, 19:55
One thing I have noticed, the khornate hoarde of marauders have a light armour, and shields. Is it a typo? or do you mean to have the mark of khorne? remember no parrying while frenzied.

Also I would change the horde to just great weapons, dropped the champion. I have found them scream abuse at a character (challening) and is propemtly splatted. And use the points for the frenzy banner (Banner of Rage).

One more question for you? I take the lord is joining the knights? is that why one unit has a champion to issuse the challenges?

Finally a personal note, I find the shadow lore is better than tzeentch. Give it a try.

michaells
23-08-2011, 04:31
sorry bout the shield thing honestly didnt know also i planned on using the the knights in one group o 10 knights but got advice to put them in 2 units so the one without the champ will be the one the lord goes with

michaells
23-08-2011, 04:42
Where can i put the banner? if i put it on my bsb he will lose all magic items

SlayerMonka
23-08-2011, 23:34
Chaos Knights can take a banner worth upto 50pts points, so the the unit standard bearer. This would be the unit with the lord in it

michaells
24-08-2011, 15:38
ok sorry bout that i thaught you meant the marauders

hamsterwheel
24-08-2011, 16:27
Just my personal opinions.

Lords on Juggernauts, coolest model, no Look out Sir! for WOC so cannons will be nasty however HE only get bolt throwers.

I'm not a fan of the Conjoined homunculus, the extra D3 to cast a spell is nice but Ld8 is not that impressive when making Stupidity checks. You also have to consider that your BSB is on foot and your wizard is on a chaos steed, will you be keeping your sorcerer within 12" of your BSB at all times, if not, then using the homunculus can be a huge liability.

Other than that, it looks good.

michaells
25-08-2011, 16:34
thanks for the advice