PDA

View Full Version : Magic affecting mounts, monsters, crew and riders

Skinnydookie
20-08-2011, 12:14
Hi,

A situation came up in a Storm of magic game wherby I cast the Golden Age spell which gives extra strength and other bonus' to all units.

How does this bonus affect the following:

Warsphinx (and similar types) does it affect the sphinx itself and/or crew?
Monstrous Cavalry (Necro Knights) Just the riders and/or Serpents too?
Chariots - Just the crew or the steeds too? What about impact hits?
Cavalry - Just the riders or the steeds too?

Obviously this question is not just specific to this spell as there are many spells that augment a unit in such a way whether in a standard battle or Storm of magic.

I remember a rule in 7th whereby it Only affected the rider but could not find it in 8th - I'm sure im blind and the there is a specific rule in there but if anyone could help (perhaps with page numbers or reasoning at least) that would be great.

Von Wibble
20-08-2011, 12:20
I thought it affected everything but could be wrong. A questino I have to supplement this though - does the boosted strength for chariots increase the strength of the impact hits?

T10
20-08-2011, 13:37
The spell boost the profiles involved, and there is nothing in the general magic rules that suggest the mount is not affected when a unit recieves a boost or penalty.

I can only assume that a Tomb King's chariot mount does not count as a "character".

Von Wibble
20-08-2011, 18:41
Why does it matter whether it is a character?

Yrrdead
20-08-2011, 18:42
Why does it matter whether it is a character?

The spell involved has a different effect based on what unit it is.

Von Wibble
21-08-2011, 10:51
I see. So a tomb kings chariot gets +1 to stats like any other chariot.

But that didn't answer my question - does the strength bonus count for purpose of impact hits?

theunwantedbeing
21-08-2011, 12:39
I see. So a tomb kings chariot gets +1 to stats like any other chariot.

But that didn't answer my question - does the strength bonus count for purpose of impact hits?

Yes, unless it says otherwise somewhere in the rules of course.
Probably the main rulebook errata if anywhere.

T10
21-08-2011, 17:28
Impact hits are resolved at the chariot's strength, which may be subject to bonuses and penalties. So: yes.