PDA

View Full Version : Harbingers - any info?

malika
20-08-2011, 15:57
I was wondering if there is any info out there on the Space Marines of the Harbinger chapter. I've been looking a bit on Lexicanum, but it offers very little info. That they are from Birmingham apparently. But the info about them hating the Death Guard is kind of vague. Lexicanum mentions that this comes from "Angels of Darkness", but I haven't found it in that book...

So yeah, is there any more info on them?

Lord Commissar Aquila
20-08-2011, 16:14
Not really. Add in the confusion between Harbingers and Imperial Harbingers, and it gets kind of tricky. You could try part of the Battlefleet Gothic rulebook, and see if there is anything in there.

Chem-Dog
20-08-2011, 16:16
Weren't they Pete Haines' homebrew chapter from the Picina IV campaign?

malika
20-08-2011, 16:38
Apparently they are also mentioned in Angels of Darkness, so I guess they've become more official. On Lexicanum there is a picture of a shoulderpad, but I don't know if that's official or not.

Leftenant Gashrog
21-08-2011, 11:56
They had a short blurb in one of the Eye of Terror Campaign IA articles in WD, the Death Guard related bit being:
"Although they have most recently been heard of purging Orks from the Piscinan Belt the Harbinger Chapter has an old score to settle with the Death Guard. The Chapters' origins can be traced back to a raid on their Black Planet home world by the Death Guard, aided by Fabius Bile. "

Born Again
21-08-2011, 13:13
Indeed, while they have since passed in the official canon, the Harbingers were originally Pete Haines' homebrew chapter. Their rivalry with the Death Guard stems from the fact Andy Chambers played a Death Guard army at the time, IIRC.