SPECIAL 175

5 Flesh Hounds

RARE 465

5 Bloodcrushers
Standard
Icon of Endless War

Bloodcrusher

2493pts

The 2500 list is pretty much my entire selection of models except for 5 more Flesh Hounds

ArtificerArmour
21-08-2011, 13:18
Combine the crushers and find points for banner of eternal war. Gets you into combat faster

Loopstah
21-08-2011, 13:27
Combine the crushers and find points for banner of eternal war. Gets you into combat faster

Easy enough to do I have 30pts spare for the banner.

Would I be better running the 2x25 Bloodletters as a 1x50 Horde at 2000pts?

ArtificerArmour
21-08-2011, 14:31
I always go for 2 units, reducing te chances of being IF'd a big spell, such as dwellers, or purple sunned. It can really wreck your day losing half a unit with no saves.

The Other
21-08-2011, 15:34
I like the Idea of a Mono Khorne army, but is it really going to be that competitive and effective, the concept is good; dont get me wrong.
IMO, daemons army are more meant to do with magic.

Anyway, sorry about the moan :) , would it be a good idea to include Skulltaker. He's a point effective hero and could do alot of damage.

vinny t
21-08-2011, 16:22
I think you need more little redirector units to kill war machines and such. I'd try to add a single bloodcrusher to both lists and maybe some furies. Also, etherblade on S6 KB models is basically worthless. Go with AoK/Firestorm Blade for heralds. Instead of Standard of Sundering you could go with the Icon of Despair. You're going to be vulnerable to magic anyway so might as well focus in other areas. Icon of despair is insane with fear/terror.

Just some thoughts

Loopstah
21-08-2011, 17:07
I like the Idea of a Mono Khorne army, but is it really going to be that competitive and effective, the concept is good; dont get me wrong.
IMO, daemons army are more meant to do with magic.

True but I can't see it being too bad as the Bloodthirster is one of the best GD at lower points and Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers are the better Core and Rare choices from what I hear.

I think you need more little redirector units to kill war machines and such. I'd try to add a single bloodcrusher to both lists and maybe some furies. Also, etherblade on S6 KB models is basically worthless. Go with AoK/Firestorm Blade for heralds. Instead of Standard of Sundering you could go with the Icon of Despair. You're going to be vulnerable to magic anyway so might as well focus in other areas. Icon of despair is insane with fear/terror.

Dropped the Crushers down to 5 and I'll run one of them solo.
Swapped out the Etherblade to fit in the standard on the Crushers as I forgot to add in the standard bearer cost. I'm using sundering mainly because of cost.

gov2win
21-08-2011, 17:57
Seems like a pretty good army, but how is it that you're only running 2 core units?

Dnjyrl
21-08-2011, 18:26
I agree with the great icon of despair instead of the great banner of sundering. I'd drop spellbreaker and go for obsidian armour as its genreally alot better. Maybe a collar for the thirster.
Though bloodletters hit really hard and have killing blow they are still only toughness 3 with 5+ ward. The quicker you get into combat the better though you will still get hammered in return. the -2 Ld will help if your opponent fails their fear test.

Loopstah
21-08-2011, 18:34
I agree with the great icon of despair instead of the great banner of sundering. I'd drop spellbreaker and go for obsidian armour as its genreally alot better. Maybe a collar for the thirster.

I assume you mean the 2K Thirster as the other one has the armour?

I'd need an extra 35 points for the icon and obsidian armour after I drop AoK and Spellbreaker so I'd have to cut the Firestorm Blade on the Herald and drop a letter from one of the units.

I could fit the Icon into the 2.5K list by dropping a letter from one of the units.

Lists edited.

Would I be better dropping one of the Crushers at 2K in order to equip my heralds with AoK and/or Firestorm Blades?

gov2win
21-08-2011, 18:38
How are you getting around the 3 core unit minimum?

Loopstah
21-08-2011, 18:40
You don't need 3 core units, you need 3 units of any type.

gov2win
21-08-2011, 19:26
You don't need 3 core units, you need 3 units of any type.

Oh alright, because in the Daemon Codex on page 81 the Choosing Troops table dictates how many Core units minimum you need, and for 2,000 or more it says 3+. Was that a typo, then?

Loopstah
21-08-2011, 19:30
You ignore page 81 since 8th Edition came out.

Check out the Daemons FAQ here: HERE (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1780258a_FAQ_DaemonsofChaos_V1_4.pdf)

gov2win
21-08-2011, 19:34
You ignore page 81 since 8th Edition came out.

Check out the Daemons FAQ here: HERE (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1780258a_FAQ_DaemonsofChaos_V1_4.pdf)

Oh wow, thanks a bunch for that! Yeah, sorry, I'm fairly new and have been going by the codex entirely >_<

thesheriff
22-08-2011, 13:55
Oh wow, thanks a bunch for that! Yeah, sorry, I'm fairly new and have been going by the codex entirely >_<

Army book. Codex is 40k

I agree with the sentiment that that spellbreaker is the worse choice at 2k. Infernal fury works well on my thirster

And don't worry about big spells. Dwellers is only on a 6, and purple sun/pit of shades are templates and still only effect you on a 5-6.

A herald for 3 crushers is overkill. Id rather have more crushers, or skulltaker.

Mono-khorne is fun. I love mine, and they win slot of games. And don't worry about the lack of magic you pull. Magic res. is more useful than people claim, and not using magic is refreshing IMO. Dominates games too much, and seeing every army with over 5 levels of magic total is boring.

thesheriff

Loopstah
22-08-2011, 18:06
I'm only playing the Herald on Jugger because I have the model lol.

At 2K I can swap the mounted herald for an extra crusher with the Icon of Endless War and give my other two heralds the armour of Khorne. That's a pretty good swap actually so list changed.

If I drop the Spellbreaker on the thirster at 2.5K should I swap it for:

a) Axe of Khorne
b) Collar of Khorne
c) Firestorm Blade

He already has Obsidian armour and Immortal Fury.

thesheriff
22-08-2011, 18:51
It's a toss up between axe of khorne or firestorm blade. Collar of khorne is a bit overkill on him, as he already has MR2.

I'd go with Firestorm Blade. S7 is great, and the flaming can come in handy when faced with regen and flammable. Not to mention buildings.

Axe of Khorne might be more useful however if you fight alot of high elves or tomb kings, with all the fire resistance around.