PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Skaven Clanforce

Skratchington
22-08-2011, 02:11
Hey all. First and foremost, the following army is by no means an optimal, or even at all complete force. This is my attempt to start my Skaven collection over by the most inexpensive and realistic way possible. It involves using the contents of the Island of Blood boxed set, a Skaven Battalion, Doomwheel, and a finecast Skaven Warlord/Chieftain model. That's it. It limits what I have to realistically paint up, assemble, etc., and makes for an extremely reasonable goal, while at the same time giving me a playable force, and what I think to be a great starting point for a mighty Skaven collection. Of course I'd love to start off with a few hundred Skavenslaves, and believe me, they will be coming, oh yes. But for now, I think it's most valuable to get a solid little starter force, paint it up awesomely, and go from there...all the while saving myself some money by using the best values from GW. So, that's my preamble, and I hope it helps to make sense of this rather...non-typical Skaven army.

Also, for the most part, the composition of the army is decided. By that, I mean the units and numbers within the army. The armaments can, in some cases, be negotiated, but for the most part, this is what I'll be using. What I'm looking for more than anything is your thoughts on it, what you think I should be looking for in the near future to add to this army, tactical advice and thoughts on the units and such I have in this army, and most importantly, lots of help in arming my Lord and Heroes with equipment, Scrap-heap stuff, and magical items. So, here we go...

Clan Snikkit's Might

Warlord Skratch Scuttledoom
Warlord-
Hand Weapon
Heavy Armour

Kratchitt
Warlock Engineer-
Hand Weapon
Level 2 Wizard
Warplock Pistol

Chieftain Snarl
Chieftain-
Hand Weapon
Heavy Armour

Rask Lurkfang's Rat-kin
20 Clanrats-
Shields
Spears
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Attached Poisoned Wind Mortar

Vaskrit Stitchclaw's Spine-stabbers
20 Clanrats-
Shields
Hand Weapons
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Attached Warpfire Thrower

Retch Twitchtail's Clawpack
40 Clanrats-
Shields
Spears
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader

Hakkrit's Pack
6 Giant Rats
2 Packmasters

Skreel's Pets
2 Rat Ogres
(Packmaster)+
Master Moulder upgrade
Shock-prod

Lurg's Slayer-beasts
2 Rat Ogres
Packmaster

The Pox Brethren
20 Plague Monks-
Additional Hand Weapons
Musician
Standard Bearer
Bringer-of-the-Word, Plague Deacon Skroth

Vitrik's Foe-grinder
Doomwheel

Current Total- 1428pts.

So, as you can see I have 72 points left to play around with for equipment, Scrap-pile gear, and magical items/banners for my characters(or even a magical banner for my Plague Monks unit, actually...). Like I said, I really do know what you're thinking..."No Skavenslaves!?". Yup, and I know it's a crime against all Skavendom, but as it stands, I made my case at the start of the thread, and I think it makes good sense. And the Skavenslaves will indeed be coming...in droves. This is just the starter point, and it'll be all painted up and awesome-looking, and I'll move on from there.

The Chieftain BSB model I'll be using is the finecast Skaven Warlord model, with the eye patch, the great weapon/halberd-ish looking pick-weapon(it's two-handed, regardless), and the pole with the Dwarf-head mounted at the top clutched by his tail. I've always loved that model, and I'm stoked they re-did it in finecast. So, I'm thinking a Great Weapon might be a suitable choice for him?

The Warlord and the Warlock Engineer are both models from the Island of Blood boxed set, so you all know what they look like, and are armed with. If you suggest a shield for the Warlord, I'll have no issue modelling such an item onto one of his arms/wrist areas...that's fine.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of it all, and also how you would go about arming and equipping my characters...that's pretty much the most vital thing for me at the moment. Thanks for reading!

Skratchington

warpsucker
22-08-2011, 06:50
I don't know how I would go about equipping your characters, but i'm pretty sure 72 points are not going to be enough for three guys. perhaps you could drop one of the weapon teams, or both, and then you'd have enough points for equipment and extra rats for your clanrat units.
cheers

tkohlmetz
22-08-2011, 19:15
Put the rat ogres togeather, and forget the shock prod. Who cares. Then, you have more points for the characters. You want a battlestandard, likely with storm banner. Beyond that, the little 20 man units should beef up to 30 or 40, and add some slaves. Then this list is looking solid.