PDA

View Full Version : New Ogre Kingdoms 2400 (first try)

Hitsugaya Toushiro
22-08-2011, 14:56
Hi i'm posting a 2400 (ETC army restrictions) new ogre kingdoms list.....i'm a complete noob with ogres (old and new) so probably it isn't a good competitive list.....

also sorry for some missing names because i don't remember the english translation for them...

Slaughtermaster (General) 378 pts
lvl 4 Great Maw Lore
ironfist
WS 4+ magical heavy armor (yeah he can have magical armors because he can have a mundane ironfist)
crown of commandment (stubborn)
a 5point magical weapon (don't know which one...maybe -1AS one)

Bruiser 184 pts
BSB
heavy armor
WS 4+ talisman
enchanted shield

Butcher 153 pts
lvl 1 Beasts Lore
Ironfist
Hellheart

-9 Ironguts, standard, musician, champion, look-out gnoblar, Standard of Leadership (+1Ld) 437 pts (the 3 heroes are inside them)

-49 Gnoblars with standard,musician, trappers upgrade 168,5pts (note: i noticed that on ETC AR i'm restricted to 40 models....so i will find some new use for those exceeding 9 gnoblars XD)

-1 Sabretusk 21pts

-1 Sabretusk 21pts

-6 Maneaters, heavy armors, brace of Ogre pistols, standard, musician, Flame banner. RULES: Snipers, Scouts (hint: they start 12" from you, hunt wizards and bsb with sniper rule and can dish a lot of S5 flaming attacks)

-4 Mournfang Cavalry, heavy armors, great weapons, standard, musician, Dragonhide banner 362pts
dragonhide banner rules: when the unit charges, each model (so both ogre and mourfang) can re-roll all dice with 1 result for hitting, wounding and any save throws....so you can re-roll even wounding rolls for impact hits and stomps. Also once per game you can use a S3 breath weapon that gives ASL to enemy unit until the end of its next turn...so on next combat phase mournfangs attack firsts and ogres at the same time

-1 Stonehorn 250pts
rules:
dragon-like profile
AS 4+
on charge he does 3D3 S6 impact hits instead of normal 6 attacks
ogre rider can attack and use harpoon launcher even if marched
also stonehorn halves multiple wounds....so against a cannonball he can lose only max 3 wounds

tnx

immortal git
24-08-2011, 09:53
a cannon only does d3 anyway right, im sure ive read that somewhere...list looks good, pretty similar to what i would run

Avian
24-08-2011, 10:00
I quite like it, but I think you will find that the Maneaters will have a few too many bad matchups where there isn't anything useful to shoot at.

What happened to your plan of four or five characters? ;)

Hitsugaya Toushiro
24-08-2011, 17:59
I quite like it, but I think you will find that the Maneaters will have a few too many bad matchups where there isn't anything useful to shoot at.

What happened to your plan of four or five characters? ;)

lol....dropped it because too much expensive XD ...you were right :D

anyway i modified it (like removed sniper and brace of ogre pistols and replaced with AHW and stubborn etc)....

opinions on this new one?
tnx

Slaughtermaster (General) 373 pts
lvl 4 Great Maw Lore
ironfist
Armour of Destiny (WS 4+) (yeah he can have magical armors because he can have a mundane ironfist)
Crown of Command (stubborn)

Bruiser 184 pts
BSB
heavy armor
Talisman of Preservation (WS 4+)
Enchanted Shield

Butcher 150 pts
lvl 1 Beasts Lore (Wyssan's Wildform is very good!)
Hellheart

-8 Ironguts, standard bearer, musician, champion, look-out gnoblar, Standard of Discipline (+1Ld) 394 pts (the 3 heroes are inside them)

-40 Gnoblars with musician 110 pts

-3 Ogres (no musician) with ironfists 96 (some Ogre players suggested them as screening unit.....maybe i could take some points here and there and replace them with other 38-40 gnoblars with musician.....uhm...
also if i remove them and the 3 leadbleachers i could take a 5 ironguts unit but i don't know if it's useful)

-1 Sabretusk 21pts

-1 Sabretusk 21pts

-3 Leadbleachers 129pts (should i have to remove them to add another unit of 3 ogres or make them a 6 ogres unit? or maybe remove them and find 1 point to add a unit of 2 mournfangs with iron fists?)

-5 Maneaters, heavy armors, additional hand weapons, standard bearer, musician, Banner of Eternal Flame 310 pts
Been there, Done that! Rules: Stubborn - Scouts
(hint: 5 guys with a lot of S5 flaming attacks/impact hits/stomps right on your flank/rear/front XD)

-4 Mournfang Cavalry, heavy armors, great weapons, standard, musician, Dragonhide banner 362pts
Dragonhide banner rules: when the unit charges, each model (so both ogre and mourfang) can re-roll all dice with 1 result for hitting, wounding and any save throws....so you can re-roll even wounding rolls for impact hits and stomps. Also once per game you can use a S3 breath weapon that gives ASL to enemy unit until the end of its next turn...so on next combat phase mournfangs attack firsts and ogres at the same time

-1 Stonehorn 250pts
rules:
dragon-like profile and Frenzy
AS 4+
on charge he does 3D3 S6 impact hits instead of normal 6 attacks
ogre rider can attack and use harpoon launcher even if marched
also stonehorn halves multiple wounds....so against a cannonball he can lose only max 3 wounds

OR i can replace it with Thundertusk (same price) that is a little less fighty and doesn't halve multiple wounds :( ...but has ASL 6" bubble and no misfire stonethrower (Strenght 3 (6) and Multiple Wounds (D3) range 6-24").....
he is less fighty and more fragile against cannons but more supporting (expecially near Mournfangs or Ironguts)......i'm really thinking about using Thundertusk.....it's very supportive and that stonethrower help filling the vanishing of Tendereizer against monsters)