PDA

View Full Version : Terrorghiest question

Steimy188
22-08-2011, 23:44
Can it stand and shoot? Maybe this has been discussed but I've not seen it. The banshee can stand and shoot, and the rules are practically identical. I say yes. What is everyone elses thoughts?

Yrrdead
22-08-2011, 23:56
This was recently discussed but I can't find the thread. I'm sure someone will pop in with the link.

I think you are going to find that most people are going to say that you may not Stand and Shoot.

The basic requirement to Stand and Shoot is having a missile weapon. Which I think most of us agree that the Terrorgheist doesn't have a missile weapon. The banshee which (as you say) is similar has a specific rule allowing a Stand and Shoot reaction. The Terrorgheist has no such dispensation.

That is the basic argument against as I recall.

NTJ2010
23-08-2011, 02:33
Yes, the hero Tomb Banshee and the Terrorghiest cannot currently stand and shoot as they do not possess missile weapons (although the rare tomb banshees can because it specifically says so)

Fieos
23-08-2011, 12:00
The Terrorgheist can not stand and shoot as it doesn't have a shooting attack. It has a special attack that is resolved in the shooting phase. So while you can't stand and shoot you also are not limited by a Storm Banner nor spells like Iceshard Blizzard.

Voss
23-08-2011, 13:06
This was recently discussed but I can't find the thread. I'm sure someone will pop in with the link.

I think you are going to find that most people are going to say that you may not Stand and Shoot.

The basic requirement to Stand and Shoot is having a missile weapon. Which I think most of us agree that the Terrorgheist doesn't have a missile weapon. The banshee which (as you say) is similar has a specific rule allowing a Stand and Shoot reaction. The Terrorgheist has no such dispensation.

That is the basic argument against as I recall.
Correct, but a clarification:
the army book banshee (upgrade for wraith unit) has a specific rule allowing a S&S reaction. THe WD hero-banshee does not.

thegrapeman
24-08-2011, 15:06
I thought the Terrorgheist was ItP? That means it can only pick 'Hold' as a charge reaction, no? So really whether the Death Shriek is a shooting weapon or a special attack used in the Shooting Phase is irrelevant.

Tregar
24-08-2011, 15:46
Being ItP means it can't flee as a charge reaction. No idea what you're thinking of, cos there are many, many models that are ItP and can stand and shoot. One of them is even mentioned in this thread!!

tw1386
25-08-2011, 05:46
That's the Nehekharan Undead special rule that prevents you from standing and shooting.

The whole argument lies on the wording of the fact of whether or not you allow a "special" shooting attack / ability to not be able to stand and shoot.