PDA

View Full Version : Da 3 Hordes of Green

stashman
23-08-2011, 10:14
Was toying with a really tough and still hardhitting army of only three GRAND units of orcs. Arrer Boyz, Savage Big Un Arrer Boyz and Black Orcs. Only a general, lvl 4 and BSB. Shooting and close combat is good. And points denial.

What do you think?

Orc Warboss, 218 pts
General; Shield
Basha's Axe of Stunty Smashin'
Armour of Destiny

Orc Great Shaman, 280 pts
Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon
Staff of Sorcery
Talisman of Preservation

Goblin Big Boss, 151 pts
Battle Standard Bearer; Hand Weapon; Short Bow; Light Armour; Shield
Spider Banner

88 Savage Orc Big'Uns, 1003 pts
Full Command; Hand Weapon; Bow; Warpaint

66 Black Orcs, 893 pts
Full Command; Armed to da Teef; Heavy Armour; Shield

60 Orc Arrer Boyz, 450 pts
Full Command; Hand Weapon; Bow; Light Armour

calnen
23-08-2011, 13:36
Hah! love it!

Okay, point 1 - those savages *must* have a lucky shrunken head with them. You'll save (on average) an extra 15 of them, so it'd be worth triple its points. A second, low-level shaman could carry it.

Second, the goblin doesnt have anything with the same base size as himself, so he'll have trouble hiding. I think you need a 20-goblin bunker to hide at the back and give him look-out sir. It'll also keep him out of combat.

I might give a list like this a try as well :) Should be a laugh!

thesheriff
23-08-2011, 22:55
Second, the goblin doesnt have anything with the same base size as himself, so he'll have trouble hiding. I think you need a 20-goblin bunker to hide at the back and give him look-out sir. It'll also keep him out of combat.

But the point is he gives poison to one of his big units.

However, he should at least be on a base that can fit snuggly into the unit. Wolf prehaps? Or a gigantic spider?

Looks like a cool idea though.

Yrrdead
23-08-2011, 23:10
If he's mounted than no LOS. Which is worse. Besides the fact that he is on the edge of a horde is not a problem at all. The edges are where you hide characters in hordes. Unless they are running a 12 wide 25mm horde than he is only going to be kitty corner with one guy which worse case means 3 models can allocate attacks on him. How would he be safer inside the unit?

Additionally , for the units protection you want a caster on the edge. So I'm not sure why people think the goblin on a different base size makes him difficult to "hide". From what?

He still gets LOS, he can't be picked out for shooting and is forced to be in the most ideal position in the unit.

Oh I also second the shrunken head for the savage's, well worth it.

calnen
24-08-2011, 07:08
So I'm not sure why people think the goblin on a different base size makes him difficult to "hide". From what?

I may have got the rules wrong then. I thought a model with a different base size to the unit it's in didnt get a full Look Out Sir roll.

Yrrdead
24-08-2011, 07:09
LOS is based on unit type. Infantry , cavalry, etc.