PDA

View Full Version : Lion cloaks & magic missiles.

GotrekFan
23-08-2011, 20:16
Lion cloaks add +2 to saves from shooting, but does this also apply to saves from magic missiles?
If so, does that mean that lore of metal spells wound on 3+ due to metalshifting lore attribute?

theunwantedbeing
23-08-2011, 20:21
No, Lion Cloaks don't offer any protection from magical missiles.
As per the High Elf Errata. (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1610147a_FAQ_HighElves_V1_4.pdf)

GotrekFan
23-08-2011, 20:27
Yes, the one I was looking at was...that is the answer I was hoping for.

AMWOOD co
23-08-2011, 23:22
The lion cloaks make no mention of offering any protection, what so ever, against hits made in the magic phase. They offer protection against, and I quote, "shooting". I would take that to mean the shooting phase only. Still, it is (mildly) ambiguous, so take it as you will.

Yrrdead
23-08-2011, 23:29
Missed this earlier.

Q. Do lion cloaks provide any form of protection against magic missiles (or other forms of direct damage magic)? (p58)
A. No.

theunwantedbeing
23-08-2011, 23:31
The lion cloaks make no mention of offering any protection, what so ever, against hits made in the magic phase. They offer protection against, and I quote, "shooting". I would take that to mean the shooting phase only. Still, it is (mildly) ambiguous, so take it as you will.

The errata covers this, they don't offer any bonus protection against magical missiles.

So, my initial post was incorrect and I'll alter it.

AMWOOD co
23-08-2011, 23:33
Huh. Not so ambiguous after all. Thanks Yrrdead.

And, yeah, I didn't check the FAQ either, theunwantedbeing. Being here for so long with answers has made me think I know all the answers. I gotta stop doing that, it's making me look like an idiot.