PDA

View Full Version : 1500 WoC Army list

umlaut31
24-08-2011, 14:56
Hi there! This is my first proper attempt at a Warriors of Chaos list, and although I haven't played any lengthy games of 8th edition yet, I used to play warhammer in 6th and 7th, so I hope I've got an idea of what's good etc! To be honest, part of this list is there because I already have the models and they're being painted up, but if there are any glaringly obvious mistakes or tactical errors then please point them out as any comments, advice or criticism is more than welcome!

So here goes:

Exalted Hero of Khorne
- MoK, Chaos chariot, Halberd, Charmed Shield... 234

Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle
- MoN, Level 2 upgrade... 140

15 Chaos Warriors
- Shields, Full command... 270

44 Chaos Marauders of Khorne
- MoK, Flails, Light Armour, Full Command... 314

15 Chaos Marauders
- Shields, Light Armour, Full Command... 110

15 Chaos Marauders
- Shields, Light Armour, Full Command... 110

5 Chaos Knights of Khorne
- MoK, Full Command, Blasted Standard... 320

I make that a total of 1498, so I'd be using this in my early 1500 point games, and then expanding it to a 2000 point list with a Sorcerer Lord and something else!

Thanks for looking!

TheMadMarquis
24-08-2011, 16:07
Just based on my experiences playing AGAINST WoC, I'd say:

- Put Mark of Tzeentch on the Warriors, it goes well with shields
- Give the Khorne marauders Great Weapons, they usually won't strike first anyway
- Combine the two smaller Marauder units

That gives you quite a nice setup of two hammers and two anvils. If you can drop a few of the Khorne marauders, it's worth it to add in a few Hounds, because they're just quite annoying.

The Other
25-08-2011, 09:41
IMO, Blasted standard on Chaos warriors would be more effective as the knights armour save should be enough to get it through most of the shooting (other than cannon). Tzeentch sorcerers are probably better than Nurgle IMO as they have really good casting values and rather good spells.
Furthermore, Warriors with Additional Hand weapons and MoK are epic in CC. 4 attacks each!!

Eta
25-08-2011, 14:48
You could drop the light armour on the Khorne marauders, they will still die in droves. Use the points you get from combining the two smaller marauder units and from dropping the shields to get two units of five Chaos Hounds.

TheOneHawk
25-08-2011, 15:15
I'm not going to show the math hammer for it, but halberds are statistically better than AHW in nearly every situation. AWH would be better against T2 or 1. Unless you just LOVE throwing those dice like mad, go with the halberds or shields.