PDA

View Full Version : Speed of Asuryan

Bold_or_Stupid
24-08-2011, 15:23
I'm considering what WFB army to start and I'm considering Hign Elves, does Speed of Asuryan really give Always Strike First no matter what? Even with Great Weapons?

warplock
24-08-2011, 15:26
.....No ;)

N810
24-08-2011, 15:28
Sadly yes,
check the High Elf FAQ.

Mercules
24-08-2011, 15:38
Yes, and No.

They have ASF and this is despite what weapon they are wielding. They can still have it cancelled out by gaining ASL in some other manner. So if they have Great Weapons they still get to use their ASF but if some model grants all enemy models in base contact or within X"s ASF they would lose their ASL. They would still strike at Initiative order instead of last(which means before most others) but would not get the Re-rolls that ASF grants.

warplock
24-08-2011, 15:41
The Thundertusk would make them strike in initiative order too.

Bold_or_Stupid
24-08-2011, 15:43
Yes, and No.

They have ASF and this is despite what weapon they are wielding. They can still have it cancelled out by gaining ASL in some other manner. So if they have Great Weapons they still get to use their ASF but if some model grants all enemy models in base contact or within X"s ASF they would lose their ASL. They would still strike at Initiative order instead of last(which means before most others) but would not get the Re-rolls that ASF grants.

Who gets to do that!!

Andthanks for all the quick answers. Even the misleading Skaven one. ;)

AMWOOD co
24-08-2011, 15:58
I know that there's a Saurus special character that does (Temple Guard kind of guy). Also, the Daemonic Gift Noxious Vapours not only makes them lose Always Strikes First but also gives them Always Strikes Last. There may be more.

Also, and I may be wrong here, there may be a spell that gives Always Strikes Last to a foe. Maybe. I think.

Mercules
24-08-2011, 16:04
Who gets to do that!!

Andthanks for all the quick answers. Even the misleading Skaven one. ;)

As warplock has stated, the new Ogre Kingdoms monster is rumored to have an aura of cold around it that gives any enemy unit in range (I think 6"?) ASL. Some of the other occurrences of this have been pointed out as well.

popisdead
24-08-2011, 22:44
.....No ;)

Ah, Skaven treachery and sneakiness!! :p

Noght
25-08-2011, 01:09
Wood Elves Amber Pendant (35) causes enemy models in base contact to have ASL special rule.

Noght

theunwantedbeing
25-08-2011, 01:34
Wood Elves Amber Pendant (35) causes enemy models in base contact to have ASL special rule.

Noght

And for 10pts less Daemons have one that'll remove ASF and grant ASL.

slingersam
25-08-2011, 04:29
And for 10pts less Daemons have one that'll remove ASF and grant ASL.

Ah daemons the things they do to **** us off

I know that there's a Saurus special character that does (Temple Guard kind of guy). Also, the Daemonic Gift Noxious Vapours not only makes them lose Always Strikes First but also gives them Always Strikes Last. There may be more.

Also, and I may be wrong here, there may be a spell that gives Always Strikes Last to a foe. Maybe. I think.

The SC your referring to is Chekkax (or something like that) only works when he is challenged

Bold_or_Stupid
25-08-2011, 07:40
Nice to know what to watch out for...

theunwantedbeing
25-08-2011, 11:16
Ah daemons the things they do to **** us off

The Wood Elf Errata sadly made the item much worse than it used to be.

popisdead
25-08-2011, 17:13
The Wood Elf Errata sadly made the item much worse than it used to be.

It is now essentially useless unless you are in a direct challenge (which people can ignore) and still punch your WE model with supporting attacks. Go T3 no armour.

KSpen
01-09-2011, 15:22
Hello Mercules, can you point me in the direction where it says ASL will cancel HE rerolls? Is it stemmed from the DoC errata for noxious vapours?

My HE regular is giving me a hard time^^

Loopstah
01-09-2011, 15:48
Noxious vapours removes ASF.

ASF gives you the re-rolls.

If ASF is removed so are the re-rolls, which are part of ASF.

EDIT: Misunderstood your question KSpen.

Under the rules for ASL in the rulebook it states that ASL cancels out ASF and that neither rule applies. If you don't have ASF then you don't have the re-rolls either. The re-rolls are part of the rules for ASF, not something special the HE have.

Blkc57
01-09-2011, 18:46
The Aranachnarok spider has a catapult that gives a unit hit ASL for one turn, not something I see often simply because no O&G player is so frivolous with their points to bother buying that option, but it does exist.

popisdead
01-09-2011, 21:10
The Aranachnarok spider has a catapult that gives a unit hit ASL for one turn, not something I see often simply because no O&G player is so frivolous with their points to bother buying that option, but it does exist.

3 PPM goblins tend to ruin the desire for upgrades to O&G players.