PDA

View Full Version : TK army list for GT need C&C

gamershell
24-08-2011, 20:42
Hi all.
Just had my first 2250 points battles(small local tournament) and I had tons of fun. 1 win and 2 losses, pretty happy as I didnīt expect to do any better as it was my first time playing TK at a higher point level then 1500 points. This is the list I took:

Liche high priest(hierophant – lore of nehekara) + level 4 + pidgeon pluckers pendant = 215 pts
Tomb prince(general) + armour of destiny + GW = 154
Liche priest(lore of death) + level 2 = 105 pts
Ramhotep the visionary = 110 pts

40 skeleton warriors + HW/S + standard = 170 pts
20 skeleton archers = 120 pts
3 chariots + banner + flaming banner = 185 pts

22 tomb guard + halberds + standard + champion = 306 pts
3 necropolis knights + entombed beneath the sands + musician = 220 pts
Warsphinx + Fiery roar = 230 pts

Casket of souls = 135 pts
Screaming skull catapult = 90 pts

First battle was against Ogers, he had a big unit of Ironguts with 3 characters and lots of small other units. I lost as i deployed my army in a pretty bad way and i couldnīt throw all of the cheap units in the big units way, a loss for me.
The second fight was against Brets and I learned from my mistakes before and deployed a little more carefull and managed to charge every one of his knight units ex. one and that was a mass. for me.
The the third battle I knew it was going to be an uphill battle as the player is really good. He had a decent units of witches, black guard, warriors and corsairs and a hydra and a cauldron. I got massacred needlessly to say.

Wondering if anyone had any advice how to tweak my list and perhaps have any advice against the dark elf list? Not looking at buying more stuff but I have 3 unassembled chariots and 16 skeleton horses. Iīm also thinking as the light priest didnīt do squat to change him and the high priest for the Grand heirophant, any thoughts?

Also after the GT my local gaming group is most likely going to push to the 2500 point level and Iīm thinking of adding another monster but Iīm unsure of which.

Von Wibble
25-08-2011, 13:31
Generally the list looks fine as is. I would try to get some stalkers in - whilst they look unimpressive on paper they can usualy find something ion every army list they are brilliant against. Cauldron and Hydra spring to mind in the case of the dark elf army, and most ogres have low I.

However, the inclusion of stalkers would mean ramhoteps use would be lowered as the chances of the necropolis knights getnig the reroll on saves is diminished - so he could be rmoved and replaced with a couple of chariots.

Skeleton Horse are imo useless but a small unit of horse archers can be used as redirectors and for general annoyance.

I would lose the level 2 since you have plenty of spells to cast between a level 4 and the casket anyway. If you aer going up in points a Heirotitan could be a good choice to replace him, improving the high priest's spells.

Against dark elves - well I play dark elves a bit and know they hate impact hits so chariots will be useful. Shields are imo a better buy for Tomb Guard as tehy make a huge difference against witch elves - you are already 3s to wound them anyway. Tomb Guard should be able to beat black guard as long as you can take out that cauldron with your casket and stalkers.

gamershell
25-08-2011, 18:03
Thanks for the input:)

Stalkers is a unit that I really want to use but as time is short Iīll have no time to buy, build and paint it in so short time but Iīll probably buy one later. Same with the Heirotitan. Should i maybe take Grand Heirophant Khatep instead of the level 2 and level 4?

Iīm also not sure if I want my tomb guards with shields in my all-comers list.

gamershell
26-08-2011, 17:38
Grand heirophant Khatep = 330 pts
Tomb prince(general) + armour of destiny + GW = 154 pts

22 tomb guard + halberds + standard + champion = 306 pts
3 necropolis knights + entombed beneath the sands + standard = 220 pts

A little updated list, still need to shave 10 pts off but Iīm unsure of what to take out.

Morax
26-08-2011, 18:44
Generally the list looks fine as is. I would try to get some stalkers in - whilst they look unimpressive on paper they can usualy find something ion every army list they are brilliant against. Cauldron and Hydra spring to mind in the case of the dark elf army, and most ogres have low I.

However, the inclusion of stalkers would mean ramhoteps use would be lowered as the chances of the necropolis knights getnig the reroll on saves is diminished - so he could be rmoved and replaced with a couple of chariots.

I would lose the level 2 since you have plenty of spells to cast between a level 4 and the casket anyway. If you aer going up in points a Heirotitan could be a good choice to replace him, improving the high priest's spells.

Against dark elves - well I play dark elves a bit and know they hate impact hits so chariots will be useful. Shields are imo a better buy for Tomb Guard as tehy make a huge difference against witch elves - you are already 3s to wound them anyway. Tomb Guard should be able to beat black guard as long as you can take out that cauldron with your casket and stalkers.

Agreed. Impact hits and things that kill things out side of combat are the dark elves bane. combat is by far the dark elves favorite phase of the game, this means you need to beat him in the other three. Not too hard for a tomb kings player. Your magic can be more reliable then his and your shooting with stalkers pastes his hard to kill things. Use your magic to get better positioning and the game should be a sintch. Ok well against a list like that maybe not a sintch but you should have an easier time with it.

With your current list I would still consider droping Ramhotep. While I love the guys rules its just no as good to spend the extra points when you might get stuck with giving the reroll to a unit other then necropolis knights.

I would bump the necro knights up a bit as I have found units of 3 under-preforming. They are so threatening that people will shoot at them till they kill one and at that point they are not nearly as combat effective. Units of 5+ are yhe way I like to field mine as they can lose a few and still pack a punch.

Just a few thoughts.

rahtep888
28-08-2011, 14:34
3 necroknights just isn't worth the points- take some selpuchral stalkers instead or increase the unit size to five. Drop the level 2 wizard and replace him with a hierotitan to boost the level 4's spells.

vinny t
28-08-2011, 15:13
I like the updated list, one thing you could do would be to drop the armor of destiny from your prince and give him either armor of fortune or potion of toughness and dragon bane gem.

Also the tomb guard unit really needs to be bigger to do any damage. Either you could drop a catapult and make it a unit of 28 or drop the TG entirely to add more sphinxs/necroknights.

gamershell
28-08-2011, 20:56
Thanks for all the comments, they have been really helpful. This is probably the best I can bring as the GT is in 2 weeks. Iīll def. add 2 more necroknights and a heirotitan at the taurnaments after that(itīll be 2500 pts yeah:D)

Grand heirophant Khatep = 330 pts
Tomb prince(general) + armour of destiny + GW = 154 pts

28 tomb guard + halberds + standard + champion = 384 pts
3 necropolis knights + entombed beneath the sands + standard = 220 pts