PDA

View Full Version : Armour of Gork

stashman
24-08-2011, 22:28
Question:

Do Armour of Gorks Impact Hits count as magical???

Yrrdead
24-08-2011, 22:45
Yes they are magical.

References incoming.

Edit- Warhammer FAQv1.5 pg 6 bottom right defines magical attacks.

Edit part 2 - Uhm okay not so sure now. Lets go with maybe they are magical....but maybe not.

T'Green T'Bad T'Ugly
24-08-2011, 23:10
I would say that they are magical attacks.

The FAQ defines magical attacks as 'attacks made by spells and magic items'
The rulebook says that impact hits are close-combat attacks (pg71 end of section 'resolving impact hits')

Yrrdead
24-08-2011, 23:16
My only issue right now is the wording of the item and it's ramification.

It is magical armor that gives the user a special rule. What if the special rule were Stomp/Thunderstomp? Would those attacks be magical? What if the special rule were Extra Attack? Would that attack be magical?

Unlike other magic armor that "actually" attacks, this armor simply gives the user a special rule.

At least that is how I see the argument against. Of course I said that they were magical in the first place so I'm going to stick with that.

T'Green T'Bad T'Ugly
24-08-2011, 23:53
My only issue right now is the wording of the item and it's ramification.

It is magical armor that gives the user a special rule. What if the special rule were Stomp/Thunderstomp? Would those attacks be magical? What if the special rule were Extra Attack? Would that attack be magical?

Unlike other magic armor that "actually" attacks, this armor simply gives the user a special rule.

At least that is how I see the argument against. Of course I said that they were magical in the first place so I'm going to stick with that.

My initial thought was, yes, if a magic item gave stomps/extra attacks then these would be magical, but, then i had a look through some of the items this could effect.
Such as potion of foolhardiness. This gives devastating charge, so, it is a magical item that causes an attack. This seems to stretch my theory a little far. So now i can see an argument against this.

But, I still think its fair to say that the Armour of Gork impact hits are magical.