PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Nurgle vs. Arrow of the Asp

Blkc57
25-08-2011, 04:39
So a unit of tomb kings archers are shooting at a WoC unit with the Mark of Nurgle. The Nurgle mark gives a -1 to hit to any shooting attack against them, the Tomb Kings though do not add any modifiers to their ballistic skill rolls. My question is whose rule takes precedence in this situation since they seem to be directly opposed yet both are advanced rules from an army book?

Rosstifer
25-08-2011, 04:53
MON has been errated to be -1BS so you would still hit on 5's.

Yrrdead
25-08-2011, 05:00
MON has been errated to be -1BS so you would still hit on 5's.

While you are correct that you would hit on 5+ ...MoN is not -1BS.

It is -1 to hit , which I'm sure is what you meant. Since a -1BS would affect TK archers whilst -1 to hit does nothing.

Rosstifer
25-08-2011, 05:12
Whoops.... My bad, it's been a while since I used that particular mark!

Yrrdead
25-08-2011, 05:20
No worries , I'm not positive , but it is most likely the most errata'd rule in the game.

Blkc57
25-08-2011, 05:36
Well now I'm even more confused, so you can alter the BS of a unit of TK bowmen? So the -1 to hit does nothing for a unit of bowmen since they always hit on a 5+, but what does the Skaven Storm banner do since it gives -2 to BS? See my initial thinking was the Storm Banner does nothing but the Mark of Nurgle actually still applies since it goes to the dice roll not to the BS, but I can't really find anything that would explain that reasoning in the rules so its why I came here to ask.

tw1386
25-08-2011, 05:42
You've got the rule for Arrows of Asaph wrong.

It's not that tomb kings ranged units ALWAYS hit on 5's. The rule is they always hit on whatever their ballistic skill is. Since they are only BS 2, thus hitting on 5's. With Khalida in a unit, they are BS 3, thus always hitting on 4's and so forth.

IrishDelinquent
25-08-2011, 05:43
pretty much the easiest way to think of it is "they always hit based off their ballistic skill on their profile". That means that a unit of tomb king archers, having moved, firing at a hypothetical MoN skirmishing unit in hard cover at long range would still hit on the same dice score as when they're firing at a large target at point blank range wearing a neon sign.

Yrrdead
25-08-2011, 05:43
Storm Banner gives.....-2 to hit not -2 BS.

BS modifiers are pretty rare. Other than Miasma which is pretty common (at least in my experience.)

warhammero
25-08-2011, 17:31
The rule of arrows of asaf say:

The units with this rule "never" have any plus or penalization no matter the source or the origin of the modifier.

My English is really bad but i hope that understand.

Every one have a nice day

Kalandros
26-08-2011, 06:45
Modifying the Ballistic Skill will however affect them. (:

Harwammer
26-08-2011, 09:14
Modifiers on the to hit roll won't work.

Modifiers on their BS will work.

Odin
26-08-2011, 10:45
Wow, I've only just noticed that the latest FAQ nerfs the mark of Nurgle even more! So it's now almost completely useless against yet another army.

It's almost as though GW want people to only ever use Khorne and Tzeentch.

ihavetoomuchminis
26-08-2011, 11:12
And they go and release a nurgle champion. I can see the mark faq'd again in the future.

Odin
26-08-2011, 11:26
And they go and release a nurgle champion. I can see the mark faq'd again in the future.

Every time they release a new FAQ I would expect!

Still, at least it's not as bad as Slaanesh.

Tregar
26-08-2011, 11:52
Slaanesh isn't bad, but it's not exciting, which it should be! Nurgle is also very expensive, unlike Slaanesh. Bit of a shame really...