PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz Round 2

BrotherCaptainS
25-08-2011, 15:18
Yeah so I made the second round of ard boyz. I'm not sure what I want to take. its between space wolves and Grey Knights. The lists are as follows:

Space Wolves:

Wolf Lord:
Thunder wolf, TH & SS, saga of bear, runic armor, wolf tooth, wolf tail,
2 wolfs

Wolf Lord:
Thunder wolf,WC & SS, saga of beast slayer, runic armor

Rune Priest:
Jaws, murderous

Rune Priest:
Jaws, storm caller

Dread
Drop pod, ac

Grey hunters x 10
Rhino, melta x 2

Grey hunters x 10
Drop pod, melta x 2

Grey hunters x 7
Drop pod, flamer

Grey hunters x 5
Razorback, flamer

land speeder x 3
Dual Heavy Bolters

Thunderwolves x 5
SS x 5, power fist, mb

Long fangs x 5
4 missiles

Long fangs x5
3 lascannons, 1 missile

Long fangs x6
5 heavy bolters

Grey Knights

Draigo

xenos inquisitor
psyker, force weapon, hammerhand, grenades (rad & troke)

vindicare

Paladins x 6
hammer, stave, halberd x 4, psycannon, incinerator

Strike Squad x 10
hammer, psycannon x 2

Strike Squad x 8
hammer, halberd x 7

Interceptors x 10
Hammer, halberd x 7, psycannon x 2.

storm raven
TL LC, TL AC

land raider crusader
multi melta

Land raider
psybolt ammo

dread
AC, psy-ammo

Or should I run something else? I can do pretty much whatever I want with both armies models/squad wise.

Voss
25-08-2011, 16:04
Take what you took to part 1.

Other than that... wow that GK force looks lacking. Far too many points in pricey vehicles, and almost no bodies on the field.

Wyrmwood
25-08-2011, 16:05
'Ard Boyz is essentially for WAAC lists, right? Wouldn't the Draigo Paladin Bomb be a good list to take?

BrotherCaptainS
25-08-2011, 16:20
Take what you took to part 1.

Other than that... wow that GK force looks lacking. Far too many points in pricey vehicles, and almost no bodies on the field.

Actually that knights list got me to the second round. Played blood angels 3 games in a row with two massacres and one minor loss. So it faired pretty well there. Well take out the raven and the dread and replace with dreadknight and that was pretty close to exact. And looking at it i forgot to put my intercepters in.

Sabe
25-08-2011, 17:54
Both lists are a little scattered with kinda a lack of focus, that said if you want to win then you can't really argue with GK's, and a scattered GK list is much more forgiving than a scattered SW one. With that said lets look at a few of the problems with these GK's.

xenos inquisitor
psyker, force weapon, hammerhand, grenades (rad & troke)

I can understand taking a grenade caddy if that's your thing but you probably don't need to spend any more on this model than that. The psyker upgrade isn't all bad but your starting to ask a lot from one non-meq model.

vindicare

Paladins x 6
hammer, stave, halberd x 4, psycannon, incinerator

Using the vindicare at all is less than optimal(sad considering how good he is), and this particular list could really benefit from his points being spent on more bodies elsewhere. Additionally I think you'd be better served by 2 psycannons instead of Psy/Inc on the pallies, it will help with your antitank.

Strike Squad x 8
hammer, halberd x 7

This squad is expensive as hell and not even good at what it does. I highly suggest turning these models into Purifiers if you want to use this configuration(which technically requires non conversion at all). Strike Squads pay too much for the Halberds and have too few attacks to properly do the combat beat stick thing, Purifiers would be much better. Alternatively look into turning these plus the Vindicare into another Pally squad, may as well run with the Draigo theme.

Interceptors x 10
Hammer, halberd x 7, psycannon x 2.

Again, halberds have no place here as this unit really is not great in CC and pays a heavy price for Halberds which they aren't good with. Try dropping those and taking psybolts to turn this into a dedicated shoot 'em up unit. Or you can drop them for Termies/Pallys as I already mentioned.

storm raven
TL LC, TL AC

Pretty sure TL lascannon/TL Assault cannon isn't a valid configuration on the SR. If the weapons name ends in "cannon" its a switch out for one of the other cannons. The other weapon option is restricted to TL HB's, TL MM's or TML.

land raider crusader
multi melta

Land raider
psybolt ammo

dread
AC, psy-ammo

I would advise against a "rock" list like this with a few small but heavy duty expensive units, and would suggest some DK's/Psyflemen/VenPsyflemen instead of LR's and SR's, but if thats what you want and what your comfortable with then that's fine, its not a bad strategy just not the best IMO.

Caitsidhe
25-08-2011, 17:59
The only thing to consider is this... Grey Knights advanced in a huge majority over other armies (although I think Space Wolves were next). That means the rest of us who advanced will make frying Grey Knights our primary list build (particularly the Paladin-heavy obscenity). Unless the scenarios for the 2nd round do something to offset this idiotic power creep situation, everyone will have to build to maximize their ability to kill Terminators/Paladins. You should wait until the scenarios come out to decide.

BrotherCaptainS
25-08-2011, 21:17
Pretty sure TL lascannon/TL Assault cannon isn't a valid configuration on the SR. If the weapons name ends in "cannon" its a switch out for one of the other cannons. The other weapon option is restricted to TL HB's, TL MM's or TML.

ment TL MM mot TL LC. don't know where my mind was. I think i subconsciously want the TL LC. lol

Ulrig
25-08-2011, 23:18
I would go with Space Wolves

I think GK with the low model count is....just that.

Throw a lot of dice at something, and its going to die. This does not matter what your save is.

In first round I played a medium sized ork army. I was up against a GK 2nd round. It was way too easy to pop the vehicles and wear him down to non-threatening.

Borgnine
26-08-2011, 14:52
The SW list is way better. If you were going to the same second round location as I was, I'd suggest the GK ;)

Caitsidhe
26-08-2011, 15:00
No matter what you will have to figure on a fair number of Vindicators vs Space Wolves and their Cavalry.

BrotherCaptainS
31-08-2011, 01:22
So with the ard boyz round 2 missions up, i'm leaning ever so slightly towards grey knights. What say you?