PDA

View Full Version : Wind Blasting and Combat Question

NightHawk45
26-08-2011, 23:41
I played my first game of Storm of Magic and it was a blast. I played with my friend whom is a 40k player and hates fantasy. However, he really like SoM because magic wasn't a big factor and we had a ton of combat. So it sweet cause I finally got him to play fantasy again! Anyway a few questions came up, with both of us being a little rusty, and so here you go:

If wind blast or the SoM equivalent targets a mage in a building/fulcrum does the mage get knocked back (xd6 inches | x ∈ 1,2)

Also, we had a combat issue that we weren't sure about:

x- white lions
e- enemy troops

e1 e2
eeeeee eeeee
eeeeee eeeee
.........xxxxxxx
.........xxxxxxx

Suppose that e2 is in combat with x and e1 charges. e1's original location is somewhere directly behind e2 such that the diagram is the only charge possible.
Currently he can get all the attacks from e2 in, but only 2 guys from e1 (front rank and supporting attack).

If he wins combat, is there any way to reform or move so that he can nudge e1 over to get more guys in the battle?
Same situation just more drastic- If e2 is destroyed, the situation looks like this:

e1 e2
eeeeee
eeeeee
.........xxxxxxx
.........xxxxxxx

Is there any way these two units fight normally or are they locket in combat in this awkward position?

Do do realize that you can reform ranks so that instead of 2 ranks each you can have a rather long rank with the same center, but this isn't optimal. Is there another answer?

Yrrdead
27-08-2011, 00:04
Q1. He is considered unable to move and will suffer D6 Strength 3 Hits(From Rulebook FAQ). Note Apparently this may be different in SoM due to some wording, I don't have the SoM so take this with a grain of salt.

Q2. What you are looking for is combat reforms. I'll post current combat reform rule for you. Pg 55.

REFORMING FROM VICTORY
If your unit wins the close combat but the enemy does not flee, or the combat was a draw, your unit can immediately make a combat reform manoeuvre.
A combat reform is essentially a standard reform (page 14) save for the fact that that the centre point of the reformed unit does not have to stay in the same place. The most common usage of a combat reform is to allow the unit to turne to face its enemy (if attacked in the flank or rear), although it can also be used to bring more models into the fight by increasing the unit's frontage. There are two special restrictions on a combat reform, however - it cannot be used to get a model (friend or foe) out of base contact with the enemy if it was in contact before the reform was made,and the unit may not reform in such a way as to contact a different facing on any enemy unit it is in contact with. The model can be in base contact with a different enemy at the end of the reform if you wish.

Underlined sections are changes from the Errata.

Rulebook and Armybook specific FAQ,Amendments and Errata are available on GW's website.

Link here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&multiPageMode=true&start=2)

Dungeon_Lawyer
27-08-2011, 02:13
You cant knock a wizard off a fulcrum using the wind blast spell.

edit:and he cannot be knocked out of any other buildings either, thet suffer d6 strg 3 hits instead

thanks for the correct info.

Yrrdead
27-08-2011, 02:16
You cant knock a wizard off a fulcrum using the wind blast spell. You can still knock him out of other buildings such as towers however.

Uhm you can't knock him out of other buildings.

Q: What happens if a unit in a building is the target of Wind Blast?(Reference)
A: They are considered unable to move and suffer D6 Strength 3 hits

RanaldLoec
27-08-2011, 02:25
Super sneaky ninja move, but yeah as above

Brb faq

Pg10, second column, 6th question down

A unit targeted by wind blast in a building is considered immovable so it takes the damage instead.

A unit cannot be wind blasted out of a building.