PDA

View Full Version : WOC 2500 pts

haveyouseenaduck
27-08-2011, 06:59
I have been reading a lot of army list as of lately and have written a new list for a battle against my son (skaven).

Lords
Vilitch the Curseling 395pts
(got a cool resin model off ebay, looks just like in the book)

Heroes
Throgg the Troll King 175pts
(same ebay seller)

Sorcerer of Slaanesh 160pts
level 2, Mos, Infernal Puppet

Core
24 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch 462pts
w/ AHW, MoT, SM, Blasted Banner (Vilitch's Unit)

36 Marauders of Khone 222pts
w/ GW, MoK, SM,

4 Trolls 180pts
(core with Throgg)

5 Warhound 30pts

5 Marauder Horsemen 65pts

Special

15 Chosen of Slaanesh 160pts
w/ Halberds, MoS, CSM, Favor of the Gods, Banner of Eternal Flame
(Slaanesh Sorcerer goes here)

Don't know his list for sure but I know he has:
Pitt Abomination, 2 Warp lightning Cannons, 1 Doomwheel, 4 Jezzails, 6 Rat Ogres, 3 Pack Masters (1 Skwhell Gnawtooth), 25 Giant Rats, 120 Clanrats, 25 Storm Vermin, 35 Plague Monks, 3 Warp Fire Throwers, 2 Poison Wind Mortars, 2 Grey Seers, 2 Chieftains, 4 Warlock Engineers, 1 Plague Priest, and Death Master.
He will use the Abomination for sure, and he runs heavy magic. So any thought? We fight tomorrow. ;) I'll try and do a battle report (my first).

haveyouseenaduck
27-08-2011, 14:59
I really would appreciate any pointers anyone has. I have notice that nobody uses Vilitch in their army list, and I'm not sure why. He is a level 4 sorcerer of Tzeentch who know all the spells and with his mark and level he is +1 to cast. He also has the stats of a Warrior of chaos champion so he is not bad in close combat. And with the Vessel of chaos he is extremely dangerous, able to take an enemies power dice when they fail to meet casting or dispelling requirements (that's huge).

Eta
27-08-2011, 18:13
I have notice that nobody uses Vilitch in their army list, and I'm not sure why. He is a level 4 sorcerer of Tzeentch who know all the spells and with his mark and level he is +1 to cast. He also has the stats of a Warrior of chaos champion so he is not bad in close combat. And with the Vessel of chaos he is extremely dangerous, able to take an enemies power dice when they fail to meet casting or dispelling requirements (that's huge).

The reason nobody (or very few, at least the ones posting their lists in the internet) takes Vilitch is that he is very easily killed because he has next to no protection. Furthermore, people tend to use a Disc of Tzeentch when they use a Tzeentch sorcerer. And last but not least, you have to take a second sorcerer to include the oh-so famous Infernal Puppet ;).

haveyouseenaduck
28-08-2011, 20:42
I agree about the second sorcerer, but I almost always take two anyways. With the lack of shooting I like to go strong magic. I also usually take a champion in the unit he is with for added protection. I didn't this time because of point and I wanted to see how good Vilitch is in combat.

Yrrdead
28-08-2011, 22:38
I agree with ETA about the protection issue. Additionally as a SC he isn't very good for the points, meaning you are paying a premium for his special ability and loremaster. On foot with ,as ETA mentions, very very little protection against RnF attack allocation he is likely to not survive long against an opponent that is paying attention.

Actually like many special characters he is pretty neat and balanced but doesn't get very much Internet talk because he isn't "extreme" enough to warrant such attention. Meaning he isn't any of the following; extraordinarily amazing , broken , undercost, overpowered, exorbitantly overcost, completely terrible. The upside is your opponents are unlikely to complain about you fielding him :).

Morax
29-08-2011, 18:55
From the look at the opposition he is going to have a field day as your chosen are too small to stand up to a dreaded 13th and the rest of your list will struggle with the rat ogres/hellpit. If you don't mind struggling and enjoy the fluff of fielding matching marks then you are doing fine. If you are looking at trying to build a tournament list for competitive play then you need quite a bit of reworking the list.

haveyouseenaduck
30-08-2011, 15:47
From the look at the opposition he is going to have a field day as your chosen are too small to stand up to a dreaded 13th and the rest of your list will struggle with the rat ogres/hellpit. If you don't mind struggling and enjoy the fluff of fielding matching marks then you are doing fine. If you are looking at trying to build a tournament list for competitive play then you need quite a bit of reworking the list.

Well, I haven't posted yet due to time restrictions but on this point you are wrong. We played the tower and he put a unit of 25 storm vermin inside. I put my chosen up against his storm vermin, and even after he slammed into me with his doom wheel I finish the game with the command group and the sorcerer still alive. Of his storm vermin the last one ran away, and the doom wheel got flanked by my trolls. Vomit worked great, I destroyed it in one round.

One other note he did not field his Pit abomination.:wtf: I have no idea why but it was a big mistake on his part. I won the match, minor victory, even though no one was in the tower. He managed to get a unit close enough that I couldn’t clear him by one inch, a really good block.

As for tournaments, don't really have any in my area. I am starting in a build up Friday. 500 points to start. That is going to be tough for me, it's so small.;)

BaSe
30-08-2011, 15:58
You should of easily beat 25 storm vermin. It's when there's 40 things may be different. Also in a building you will triple his attacks. Still it's a very low count for chosen and I can see them struggle against a competitive list.

haveyouseenaduck
02-09-2011, 20:44
This is the Battle Report Thread.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5753279#post5753279