PDA

View Full Version : War is upon us brothers!- Pre-heresy terminator armor

the damned artificer
27-08-2011, 10:23
So I'll start of strong with a picture of what I've got so far:

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/pre-heresy%20TDA/phtda4.jpg

These are my new prototypes for pre heresy terminators. I've wanted to do this for so long now, and fidling orund with some shoulderpads for a possible expansion of my iron hands detachment led my hobby mojo in the pre heresy direction.

These bad boys are the sinners, after doing these I decided I needed more terminator parts, and of I went.
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/pre-heresy%20TDA/phtda5.jpg

Here's the components of the termie armour in their rough wip stages, hope you like them. They are meant for casting so I can make my own personal collection of terminator madness (yeah sorry guys, but copyrights make it illegal for me to sell them as kits once they're done, so you're just gonna have to look at mine :D )

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/pre-heresy%20TDA/phtda3.jpg

Any thoughts on this project will be very appreciated :)

LokkoRex
27-08-2011, 11:49
looking good, but won't it get a bit boring with so few different parts for you to use? i mean you've only got three different pairs of legs and three different torsos, or are you working on some more?

again, looking really good.

malika
27-08-2011, 12:21
Three should be good enough, you can play with the three here and there, add purity seals and what not to still make them unique.

TheConverter15
27-08-2011, 12:32
:eek: Those are crazy good! Shame about the copyright, you would have very Happy customers :)

tagsta
27-08-2011, 13:29
wow this is beyond awesome! this is how i imagined the elite terminator's of santar's company! can't wait for more!

kublai
27-08-2011, 17:20
Wonderfull project !

how do you form the brass parts ? (make them warm, so you can bend them) I find it very difficult to work with it.

ephrael
27-08-2011, 19:04
They look fantastic Artificer. What bit is that grey shoulder pad with the spikes? It looks like an ork piece but I am no follower of xenos armor.

the damned artificer
28-08-2011, 13:53
looking good, but won't it get a bit boring with so few different parts for you to use? i mean you've only got three different pairs of legs and three different torsos, or are you working on some more?

again, looking really good.
Thanks mate :D Well in comparison to the fw armor mark kits I have a load of options already, but I have plans on adding some other stuff too

Three should be good enough, you can play with the three here and there, add purity seals and what not to still make them unique.

Exactly.

:eek: Those are crazy good! Shame about the copyright, you would have very Happy customers :)

Thanks mate, and yeah it's a shame. But trading of a few sets for bits etc probably won't get me in trouble :chrome:

wow this is beyond awesome! this is how i imagined the elite terminator's of santar's company! can't wait for more!

thanks dude, I'm pretty excited about this myself :D And worry not, there'll be more!

Wonderfull project !

how do you form the brass parts ? (make them warm, so you can bend them) I find it very difficult to work with it.

Hehehe no it would take quite a lot of heat to make it affect the brass and then I wouldn't be able to handle it with my hands. I actually just superglue part of the brass to the piece and then bends it by pressing the piece onto a hard rubber cutting mat. Some parts are actually bent with my fingers round the end of my scalpel to make them convex, and then i counter-bend them on the part so they will bend back and have a tighter fit on the piece. Hope this helps

They look fantastic Artificer. What bit is that grey shoulder pad with the spikes? It looks like an ork piece but I am no follower of xenos armor.

Yeah the part is from the ork killah cans I think, I traded my way to them as I am not that much into orks.

khaosBlizzard
28-08-2011, 14:04
you could cast them and as a separate action someone could "give" you money lol

Apothecarian
04-11-2011, 15:42
Im sure that we could just not talk about the trading...

He he he... But anyways, nice termis! If you have some extra bits, i would buy them from you! Just PM me.