PDA

View Full Version : How to use skinks?

Oglog
28-08-2011, 12:15
Are blocks of skinks (always assume without kroxigor becuase that combo doesn't excite me that much, unless someone proves to me how incredible they are) worth it?

I was thinking something like a 5 wide multiple-ranked unit, maybe 35+ models (tarpit with steadfast). They are probably too expensive for this role, but I just want some opinions as to wether they are viable or not.

Or are lots of smaller units of blowpipe-wielding skirmishers (and of course chameleon skinks) the way forward?

thanks
/Oglog

friendsofrhomb
28-08-2011, 13:31
T2 doesnt make for a very good tarpit, from what I've experienced, ranked skinks are almost worthless, they die too quickly at Toughness two, and cost way more than your regular tarpit unit, such as goblins/slaves etc.

The bearded one
28-08-2011, 13:40
I do use a block of 20 with full command, but it has 2 kroxigors.. so.. yeah.

Lot's of skirmish units is the way to go, honestly.

Jawalord III
28-08-2011, 14:13
skirmishers are probably the best way to go block skinks die far to quickly, its best to harrase unit flanks with skirmishers and keep kroxigors to beef up your block skinks.

slingersam
29-08-2011, 01:13
Blocked skinks don't work very well for steadfast because they are toughness 2, and only has a 6+ while being expensive. I think they are most effective with kroxigors, but as a unit they do fall short