PDA

View Full Version : Just played my first game of Confrontation

Ifurita
10-04-2006, 14:51
Nice and refreshing. I was able to get through 2 games in about 3 hours (given these were my first 2 games) and was able to pick it up pretty fast.

The combat system is nowhere near as complicated as I thought it would be and I really liked the mechanic of variable tactical initiative as well as the alternating movement. Now I just need to go back and learn what the different abilities do and look for some key models for my Wolfen army.

Anyways, thought the feedback from a total noob, in case you're thinking of picking up the game, would be useful.

Persephone
11-04-2006, 20:23
Glad you liked it.

Check out the english confrontation forums if you have any questions:

http://en-forum.confrontation.fr/

Spacemunkie
11-04-2006, 23:01
Played my first game tonight too, and it's excellent.

Ifurita
11-04-2006, 23:14
What armie did you play and against whom? Anyone getting into Dogs of War?

Darwin_green
13-04-2006, 09:22
you must have played 3rd ed, right? I haven't tried them yet, but I was really dissapointed with the previous ed. some things seem way too complicated to be really playable, close combat mainly. having to shuffle the darn deck after got a bit annoying too.

Spacemunkie
13-04-2006, 12:57
I was Griffins and played against Dirz. It was incredibly close and came down to Arkhos vs an Aberration. Arkhos was on his last legs and rolled a double six with what would most likely have been his last attack. :D Quality.

There are a lot of rules and I guess it helps to know your troops really well, but the basic game system is reasonably simple after a turn or two. Painted warbands look so cool too.

generulpoleaxe
13-04-2006, 13:58
especialy yours spacemunkie ;)

it's a nice system that allows you to add complexity to it with the addition of mages etc.

try running it as a table top roleplay, it makes for a very enjoyable evening.:)