PDA

View Full Version : 2k - Tzeentch Mortal list - Read and rate please

Lardidar
10-04-2006, 13:57
Lord - Mark of Tzeentch, Staff of change, Sword of might, Enchanted shield - 445

Aspiring Champion - Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Power familiar - 202

Aspiring Champion - Barded steed, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Sword of battle - 193

24 Marauders - Light armour, Shield, Command - 193

24 Marauders - Light armour, Shield, Command - 193

5 Marauder Horsemen - Musician, Flails - 81

5 Marauder Horsemen - Musician, Flails - 81

4 Chosen Knights - Mark of Tzeentch, Command, War banner - 275

4 Screamers - 132

Giant of chaos - 205

Total - 2000pts
Power dice - 12
Dispel - 7

What do you think?

kalleballe
13-04-2006, 21:17
I assume you run the Storm of Chaos variant but doesn't the marauder units need to be 25+ to get the free full command not 24 + Character as you are doing it?

Trunks
14-04-2006, 03:09
Since he has demons and a giant, it cannot be the storm of chaos variant.

Lardidar
14-04-2006, 08:24
No it is a normal mortal list.

Why? Have I calculated something wrong?

Any views on the list?

HalfEvil333
14-04-2006, 08:38
No, he's right about the points on the marauder units. 193 pts. is how much 24 marauders with light armor, shields, and full command cost. A nice list over all, but still kinda small for a marauder army, but that is the curse of Tzeentch. If you can manage it, try to squeeze out an extra 20 pts. for the muntant upgrade on the giant. The 5+ is atleast SOMETHING against shooting, so skinks and their poison shots don't ruin your day. And the hopping into combat is awesome. Yeah, he takes a wound for falling, but it crushes the unit in combat, flattening everyone. Can be really nice and adds a little unpredictability to the list, if you are into that sort of thing. Not completely nessecary, and you can probably go without it. Otherwise, the list looks pretty sturdy.

Neknoh
14-04-2006, 09:09
I'd say that all that needs to be done would be to drop the Aspiring Champion on a steed, this would give you a lot more points to play arround with, for instance, a Mutant Monstrosity upgrade and perhaps two Firewyrms of Tzeentch amongst other things (trust me, when you cover a unit in two flame-templates, things start to hurt... a LOT)

You would also have enough points to get a fifth Chosen Knight (if you don't have one more knight, use the Aspiring model as the unit-champ)

This would still leave you with six levels of magic, two damn fighty character, two unit-crushing blocks, one to three groups of warmachine hunters, two flankers, two tarpits, a slight piece of shooting and a total of 10 powerdice.

That sounds rather nice if you ask me.