PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points Tournament w/Slann

tyrannustyrannus
29-08-2011, 16:48
I will be playing in a 1500 point tournament next month. Here is my list. It probably won't be very popular at the event.

Slann Mage Priest - 350 points
- the Focus of Mystery
- the Focused Rumination
- Battle Standard

Skink Priest (Level I) - 355 points
- Ancient Stegadon

Saurus Warriors (20) - 270 points
- Spears
- Full Command

Skink Skirmishers (12) - 84 points
- Blowpipes

Skink Skirmishers (12) - 84 points
- Blowpipes

Temple Guard (20) - 355 points
- Full Command

Lord - 23%
Hero - 24%
Core - 29%
Special - 23%

I know its cheesy to use a Slann in 1500 point games, but If it was a 1600 point game I'd lose 3 times to Teclis. Considering my gaming group I don't feel too bad about it. My Lord and Hero slots are maxed out, but a Stegadon is really a special/rare choice, so whatever.

I plan on hanging back and using retreating Skinks to set up charges. If faced with War Machines I will set up the Saurus and Temple Guard in ranks of 2 instead of 4 and reform before combat, and hopefully keep the 5+ Ward Save up from the Engine of the Gods.

One thing I was considering is to use a Salamander pack over a unit of Skinks, but it will attract a lot of fire.

AdzAxeUk
30-08-2011, 14:36
Hi mate like the list but to make it better in IMHO would be to brop the Skink Priest in and add 2 salli's, cammo skink or terradons (i preff dons but thats me) and boost the Saurus to 24 6x5 and even add a Scarvet with GW fore the punch?

if takeing light or life this will make lots better i would say a slann and Engin at 1500 ios 2 much magic i would say :)